Thread: Downloading Pictures

Name
    stuart

Default Downloading Pictures

Hello all,

Good being back on here, it's been a while.
    I'm having difficulty downloading pictures, is there a certain way to do it?

Cheers,

Stu

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Hi Stuart. When you open a reply to thread there are several boxes above the text box for things like font, bold, alignment of text (forget the term) etc. second row down, 4th box across there's a picture of a tree - that just means images. Click it and it opens a window saying insert image. there are 2 tabs, 'From computer' and 'From URL' - select from computer. Hit 'Browse' and it opens a window showing files on your computer. Select the image you want, hit open and it puts the file into the insert image window. Hit 'Upload file(s)' blow the image and it should insert the image into your post. If it fails to upload an image it's normally because the image is too large. Either crop it or resize it and it should work.

Hope that helps.

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

I gave up with using the browser for images years ago....usually as they are too big and resizing is a pfaff.
    I use the Tapatalk forum app and the paper clip icon to insert images directly off my phone.

If you use the ‘image’ icon it seems to upload them to Tapatalk and insert a URL into the post

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    I gave up with using the browser for images years ago....usually as they are too big and resizing is a pfaff.
    I use the Tapatalk forum app and the paper clip icon to insert images directly off my phone.

If you use the ‘image’ icon it seems to upload them to Tapatalk and insert a URL into the post
    Must confess, I just use Safari on my iPhone then use the image upload as I've described. Rather than browsing your hard drive it takes you to your image library which is where my pics tend to be rather than on my computer. Works fine. Now and then it rejects an image but if you crop it even fractionally it'll then accept it. Because I'm trying to keep on top of requests and the odd modding chore I find Tapatalk more hassle than it's worth.