Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: California dimensions and advise

  1. #11
    F355GTS's Avatar
    F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North Hants
    Name
    Mark Collins
    Posts
    6,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RayM View Post
    I think I need a California owner to confirm this dimension thing for me please ??
    Hi Ray I did a search back to my California owning days and found a post I'd made on Ferrarichat advising mirrors out width was 2200mm, that sounds a jump over the 1910 car width but looking at pics they could protrude that much, I'm guessing the 1980 I previously referred to is with mirrors folded in (they're electric fold)

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Stockport, Cheshire
    Name
    Mike
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Hi Ray,

    Yes the 1910mm is the car width and the mirrors fold in very tight. I have mine in a 4.5m wide garage with an escort cosworth next to it and although it is tight they fit ok, I have a big mirror on the wall in front so i can see the passenger side when pulling in.
    Good luck with your search, Im looking at moving mine on soon if you would like some details on it,!!

    Regards
    MIke

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Name
    Ray
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Hi Mike, thanks for the info.. I like to reverse in to my garage so I suppose the trick is to back in so far, fold the mirrors in, go back a bit further then fold them out..

    Iím hoping to buy in the spring so thatís a little way off and maybe to far away for you, but yes I would be interested in some info on the spec etc please.

    Regards.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Stockport, Cheshire
    Name
    Mike
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RayM View Post
    Hi Mike, thanks for the info.. I like to reverse in to my garage so I suppose the trick is to back in so far, fold the mirrors in, go back a bit further then fold them out..

    Iím hoping to buy in the spring so thatís a little way off and maybe to far away for you, but yes I would be interested in some info on the spec etc please.

    Regards.
    I do the same, Fold the mirror out and have a piece of duct tape on the wall to line the mirror up with to set my distance.!

    Ill pm you,

    Mike

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    London
    Name
    Mark
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Is the mirror in danger of breaking if you fold it out like that?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Stockport, Cheshire
    Name
    Mike
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blohm View Post
    Is the mirror in danger of breaking if you fold it out like that?

    Mirrors are electric so fold out on their own,

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Name
    Ray
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mouse View Post
    Hi Ray,

    Yes the 1910mm is the car width and the mirrors fold in very tight. I have mine in a 4.5m wide garage with an escort cosworth next to it and although it is tight they fit ok, I have a big mirror on the wall in front so i can see the passenger side when pulling in.
    Good luck with your search, Im looking at moving mine on soon if you would like some details on it,!!

    Regards
    MIke
    Hi Mike

    Saw a black California on Saturday and as you say the mirrors do fold in really tight so the dimensions should be fine for my garage. You did say you were going to send me some details on yours? I cant seem to PM you, maybe because I've not been a user for long enough..

    Regards.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Surrey
    Name
    Simon
    Posts
    244

    Default Cali

    As above, sounds like you will be fine with the garage size.
    For reversing, mine has cameras (front and rear) , which makes parking a doddle... highly recommend fitting them.

    regards the Cali in general, they are pretty solid cars. I am a serial car buyer - I just get bored withing 6 months and move on. Amazingly, I have had mine for 3 years now... Its the first car that I havent got bored with. It kind of ticks so many boxes, that it just works well.

    Mine was serviced last week at maranello, for around a grand - so its not horrific servicing - although it is annual as opposed to your Porsche which is probably every two years.

    I can say hand on heart that it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. Even yesterday I was marvelling at it on a drive down the A3. Plus the missus doesnt hate it, which is an unusual bonus!

    I would say get one as well specced as you can... sounds like auto mirrors may be one of the most important things for you to look for!
    Get behind the wheel and have a drive - they are a lot of car for the money, and hopefully not horrifically expensive for upkeep

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Stockport, Cheshire
    Name
    Mike
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RayM View Post
    Hi Mike

    Saw a black California on Saturday and as you say the mirrors do fold in really tight so the dimensions should be fine for my garage. You did say you were going to send me some details on yours? I cant seem to PM you, maybe because I've not been a user for long enough..

    Regards.

    Same problem here, I am unable to pm you, Email me at Mike@stairshop.co.uk and i will send you the details,

    Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. California dimensions and running costs
    By RayM in forum Buyers Guides, Restorations and Running Reports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-10-2019, 12:27 PM
  2. HELP .... 355 Dimensions
    By Carper in forum Ferrari Talk
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 20-09-2010, 01:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •