Thread: Acoustic cameras in London

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Default Acoustic cameras in London

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-solve-crisis/

I can understand people living there getting hacked off but I imagine most of those hit with a £1000 fine won’t even notice it so won’t care.

I do hope this doesn’t become a ‘good idea’ that filters out into the countryside. Happy I kept my original exhaust when I fit the super-sport if it does.

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-solve-crisis/

I can understand people living there getting hacked off but I imagine most of those hit with a £1000 fine won’t even notice it so won’t care.

I do hope this doesn’t become a ‘good idea’ that filters out into the countryside. Happy I kept my original exhaust when I fit the super-sport if it does.
    On the various videos I have seem it’s never the truly minted visitors but the GB plated ‘try-hards’ In their GTR’s Merc’s and R8’s that seem to make all the noise. I called the police and council noise abatement on a supercar ‘enthusiast’ who had driven down our road (Manc city centre) and just sat bouncing a lambo huracan off the Rev limiter at every set of traffic lights. Every major city centre these days is a residential area but people seem to think otherwise. Plenty more of open countryside to make noise in and its only momentary because you are gone soon enough. These clowns will ruin it for everyone and our cars will have to sound like sewing machines.

Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    On the various videos I have seem it’s never the truly minted visitors but the GB plated ‘try-hards’ In their GTR’s Merc’s and R8’s that seem to make all the noise. I called the police and council noise abatement on a supercar ‘enthusiast’ who had driven down our road (Manc city centre) and just sat bouncing a lambo huracan off the Rev limiter at every set of traffic lights. Every major city centre these days is a residential area but people seem to think otherwise. Plenty more of open countryside to make noise in and its only momentary because you are gone soon enough. These clowns will ruin it for everyone and our cars will have to sound like sewing machines.
    Agreed. My car does make a bit of noise but I wouldn’t dream of doing it through towns or villages. I just hope it doesn’t result in more restrictive legislation.

A348W is offline I have a dodgy moustache - the Ferrari 308 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Agreed. My car does make a bit of noise but I wouldn’t dream of doing it through towns or villages. I just hope it doesn’t result in more restrictive legislation.
    There has always been a handful of morons about; unfortunately that won’t change.

As to legislation, they certainly don’t enforce the current laws and with so few cops about I can’t see that changing anytime soon!

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

We're bolloxed if they put them in tunnels

Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by MalcH View Post
    We're bolloxed if they put them in tunnels
    That’s exactly the sort of thing I mean. If this slowly becomes another way to nobble the driver and they end up everywhere it’d be a pity. I can see it happening though, especially if a certain left of centre party come into power, the chance of fining supercar owners in particular may just be too tempting for them.

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

That’s exactly the sort of thing I mean. If this slowly becomes another way to nobble the driver and they end up everywhere it’d be a pity. I can see it happening though, especially if a certain left of centre party come into power, the chance of fining supercar owners in particular may just be too tempting for them.
    TBH it is really not that far off now anyway. The track will be the only place to drive enthusiastically. The Ferrari - EV thread I commentated on, well I believe EV's are not the real downer for me but rather the clamping down on owning and driving a car, period.
    Is it 2022 that all new cars sold in the EU will be GPS speed restricted? I know it will have an override for now but that won't last.
    We're all doomed!

Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by MalcH View Post
    TBH it is really not that far off now anyway. The track will be the only place to drive enthusiastically. The Ferrari - EV thread I commentated on, well I believe EV's are not the real downer for me but rather the clamping down on owning and driving a car, period.
    Is it 2022 that all new cars sold in the EU will be GPS speed restricted? I know it will have an override for now but that won't last.
    We're all doomed!
    I wouldn't worry, after we're leaving on October the 31st...………

Name
    Malc Holden

I wouldn't worry, after we're leaving on October the 31st...………
    I'm pretty sure leave or not we're adopting it. Still you never know I guess.