Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Acoustic cameras in London

  1. #1
    Nosevi's Avatar
    Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Name
    Pete
    Posts
    10,772

    Default Acoustic cameras in London

    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-solve-crisis/

    I can understand people living there getting hacked off but I imagine most of those hit with a £1000 fine won’t even notice it so won’t care.

    I do hope this doesn’t become a ‘good idea’ that filters out into the countryside. Happy I kept my original exhaust when I fit the super-sport if it does.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    north west
    Name
    CPD
    Posts
    2,700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-solve-crisis/

    I can understand people living there getting hacked off but I imagine most of those hit with a £1000 fine won’t even notice it so won’t care.

    I do hope this doesn’t become a ‘good idea’ that filters out into the countryside. Happy I kept my original exhaust when I fit the super-sport if it does.
    On the various videos I have seem it’s never the truly minted visitors but the GB plated ‘try-hards’ In their GTR’s Merc’s and R8’s that seem to make all the noise. I called the police and council noise abatement on a supercar ‘enthusiast’ who had driven down our road (Manc city centre) and just sat bouncing a lambo huracan off the Rev limiter at every set of traffic lights. Every major city centre these days is a residential area but people seem to think otherwise. Plenty more of open countryside to make noise in and its only momentary because you are gone soon enough. These clowns will ruin it for everyone and our cars will have to sound like sewing machines.

  3. #3
    Nosevi's Avatar
    Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Name
    Pete
    Posts
    10,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    On the various videos I have seem it’s never the truly minted visitors but the GB plated ‘try-hards’ In their GTR’s Merc’s and R8’s that seem to make all the noise. I called the police and council noise abatement on a supercar ‘enthusiast’ who had driven down our road (Manc city centre) and just sat bouncing a lambo huracan off the Rev limiter at every set of traffic lights. Every major city centre these days is a residential area but people seem to think otherwise. Plenty more of open countryside to make noise in and its only momentary because you are gone soon enough. These clowns will ruin it for everyone and our cars will have to sound like sewing machines.
    Agreed. My car does make a bit of noise but I wouldn’t dream of doing it through towns or villages. I just hope it doesn’t result in more restrictive legislation.

  4. #4
    A348W's Avatar
    A348W is offline I have a dodgy moustache - the Ferrari 308 Club Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    North Wiltshire
    Name
    Adrian
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    Agreed. My car does make a bit of noise but I wouldn’t dream of doing it through towns or villages. I just hope it doesn’t result in more restrictive legislation.
    There has always been a handful of morons about; unfortunately that won’t change.

    As to legislation, they certainly don’t enforce the current laws and with so few cops about I can’t see that changing anytime soon!

  5. #5
    MalcH's Avatar
    MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Astley, Manchester.
    Name
    Malc Holden
    Posts
    11,533

    Default

    We're bolloxed if they put them in tunnels

  6. #6
    Nosevi's Avatar
    Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Name
    Pete
    Posts
    10,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MalcH View Post
    We're bolloxed if they put them in tunnels
    That’s exactly the sort of thing I mean. If this slowly becomes another way to nobble the driver and they end up everywhere it’d be a pity. I can see it happening though, especially if a certain left of centre party come into power, the chance of fining supercar owners in particular may just be too tempting for them.

  7. #7
    MalcH's Avatar
    MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Astley, Manchester.
    Name
    Malc Holden
    Posts
    11,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    That’s exactly the sort of thing I mean. If this slowly becomes another way to nobble the driver and they end up everywhere it’d be a pity. I can see it happening though, especially if a certain left of centre party come into power, the chance of fining supercar owners in particular may just be too tempting for them.
    TBH it is really not that far off now anyway. The track will be the only place to drive enthusiastically. The Ferrari - EV thread I commentated on, well I believe EV's are not the real downer for me but rather the clamping down on owning and driving a car, period.
    Is it 2022 that all new cars sold in the EU will be GPS speed restricted? I know it will have an override for now but that won't last.
    We're all doomed!

  8. #8
    Nosevi's Avatar
    Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Name
    Pete
    Posts
    10,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MalcH View Post
    TBH it is really not that far off now anyway. The track will be the only place to drive enthusiastically. The Ferrari - EV thread I commentated on, well I believe EV's are not the real downer for me but rather the clamping down on owning and driving a car, period.
    Is it 2022 that all new cars sold in the EU will be GPS speed restricted? I know it will have an override for now but that won't last.
    We're all doomed!
    I wouldn't worry, after we're leaving on October the 31st...………

  9. #9
    MalcH's Avatar
    MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Astley, Manchester.
    Name
    Malc Holden
    Posts
    11,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    I wouldn't worry, after we're leaving on October the 31st...………
    I'm pretty sure leave or not we're adopting it. Still you never know I guess.

Similar Threads

  1. new cameras out soon!
    By MD Clutches in forum Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 01:55 PM
  2. Noise Cameras - what next?
    By Jules in forum Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23-10-2008, 02:32 PM
  3. Acoustic Dynamics
    By Gold in forum Other bikes, cars and toys
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25-07-2008, 04:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •