Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cables

Name
    mick

Default cables

hi
    anybody tell me what these connectors are for in luggage compartment f430 spider 2006

Thanks MickName:  plug 1.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  37.7 KBName:  plug 1.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  37.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by zambesi0; 28-04-2019 at 05:13 PM.

Name
    Mark

They are either resistors or diodes. Nothing wrong there.

Name
    Ian Riddell

Or some kind of jumper?

I couldn't find them with a brief check of the parts manual, but Item 22 (close to these) in the following diagram is the daylight running lights jumper (for Canada).

https://www.ricambiamerica.com/car-d...nd-sensor.html

Just put a ohmmeter across the pins and see if they are resistors, diodes or jumpers. Diodes only conduct one way.

Wire colours will also help identify what they are (including the stripe colour).

Name
    mick

Thanks for replies, with caps removed they are connectors , I am thinking maybe supply for park sensors ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name
    Ian Riddell

I don't quite follow you. There are waterproof connectors joining these devices to the wiring harness, but is the black section simply an empty oversized protective cap or is there something in the black section (a shorting wire, a diode, a resistor... ).

Name:  460MysteryWires.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  12.8 KB

Name
    Mark

They are resistors or diodes - required for the correct function of the electrical system.

Name
    mick

Hi
    Thanks very much for info,you are right ,just had a look inside cap and can see two pins.shame I was hoping they would be power source for front park sensors as car only has rear sensors and would like fronts as well,still thanks again for info
    Regards Mick

Name
    Ian Riddell

I was hoping they would be power source for front park sensors as car only has rear sensors and would like fronts as well,
    If you look at the parts diagram for the F430, you will see the front parking sensor system wiring plugs into the main harness (on the left side of the front luggage compartment). It's a 3 pin plug. The 430 wiring harnesses are probably fairly standard and the system may be partially wired in.

https://www.ricambiamerica.com/car-d...nt-bumper.html

They are resistors or diodes - required for the correct function of the electrical system.
    So what are they? Resistors or diodes? And what part of the electrical system? There are people offering second hand harnesses on eBay without them. How will this affect the "electrical system"?

Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by zambesi0 View Post
    Hi
    Thanks very much for info,you are right ,just had a look inside cap and can see two pins.shame I was hoping they would be power source for front park sensors as car only has rear sensors and would like fronts as well,still thanks again for info
    Regards Mick

Ahh. I haven't worked on a car with rears but not fronts - just both. The parking sensors are heavily integrated into the 'central loom' and aren't modular like some of the other accessories, but given you have the rears it it may well be that you do in fact have pre-wiring for the fronts.

On my car the module is mounted with the 'central electronics' behind the driver's seat. If you don't mind taking off the carpet/alcantara/leather trim (four allen bolts) behind the driver's seat to reveal the parking sensor module then we can ascertain if you do in fact have the central wiring in place.

From memory the front sensors to module comprises around 12 wires.

Name
    Mark

P.S. I note the 2005 label on the front compartment loom - is your car a 2005? If I recall correctly the front sensors weren't offered as an option until 2007 which makes me think that perhaps you won't be so lucky on the wiring front.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast