Name
    Amo

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

A348W is offline I have a dodgy moustache - the Ferrari 308 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

That is a wee bit fast! Wonder who the driver is?
    Last edited by A348W; 19-07-2019 at 10:16 AM.

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Nice vid. Good to see what the car is capable of with someone who knows what they’re doing (ie not me) behind the wheel

achaddy is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Andy Chadwick

Clearly someone who "knows" the ring. but that's not taking anything away from the car. Its clearly being used to good effect

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Yes the 348 was going well but look at the rev counter on the bike. Whoever was riding it wasnt using as many revs as he could, and if he was trying that car would have been caught up and overtaken.

Bet you the 348 driver has done the track before, and the biker was holding back as not so experienced ?

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post
    Yes the 348 was going well but look at the rev counter on the bike. Whoever was riding it wasnt using as many revs as he could, and if he was trying that car would have been caught up and overtaken.

Bet you the 348 driver has done the track before, and the biker was holding back as not so experienced ?

The guy on the bike knows the track like the back of his hand, that's what he does - his hobby is going round the Ring videoing cars and he's riding a bike that would leave pretty much any road car for dead. He said he was just enjoying watching the 348 go. Given the number of times he's done the Ring he says the 348 was "Definitely 8:45" pace, to put that in perspective that's about the quickest a 'standard' Lotus Exige has gone round according to the road car lap record times. Yep, I'm sure the Dutch driver of the 348 knows the track but that's still not bad for a late 80s, early 90s car.

Edit: The bike he is riding would have blown away a 430, looking at the relative Ring times of the 2.
    Last edited by Nosevi; 20-07-2019 at 09:39 AM.

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    The guy on the bike knows the track like the back of his hand, that's what he does - his hobby is going round the Ring videoing cars and he's riding a bike that would leave pretty much any road car for dead. He said he was just enjoying watching the 348 go. Given the number of times he's done the Ring he says the 348 was "Definitely 8:45" pace, to put that in perspective that's about the quickest a 'standard' Lotus Exige has gone round according to the road car lap record times. Yep, I'm sure the Dutch driver of the 348 knows the track but that's still not bad for a late 80s, early 90s car.

Edit: The bike he is riding would have blown away a 430, looking at the relative Ring times of the 2.
    OK I stand corrected and yes a very fast bike will eat most road cars

A348W is offline I have a dodgy moustache - the Ferrari 308 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post
    OK I stand corrected and yes a very fast bike will eat most road cars
    That bike will be circa 200hp, 200kg and 0-60 in sub 3 seconds, if you can hang onto it!!!

He was certainly hanging back on the straights, but I’m not sure about through the twisties!!! Damn good rider whatever.

Angelis is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Sy

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    Given the number of times he's done the Ring he says the 348 was "Definitely 8:45" pace, to put that in perspective that's about the quickest a 'standard' Lotus Exige has gone round according to the road car lap record times. Yep, I'm sure the Dutch driver of the 348 knows the track but that's still not bad for a late 80s, early 90s car.
    On a small circuit, a 348 GTB is the same time as an Elise. At 100mph the 348 starts to pull away.

So on a bigger track, a 348 would probably match an Exige time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast