Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reactions to my Ferraris

Name
    Dave McGuire

I have also had 3
    328 GTS in Chiaro blue
    355 GTS F1 in Silver
    and presently a 360 Manual TDF (Gordon I think you know my car as last owner was in Inverurie) I don't really recall one getting more attention than the other but by a whisker probably the 355 only because I owned it so long.

Name
    Ian

Having owned a Mondial for a year and a 355 for 17, Iíve noticed that the focus of the comments have changed from performance to looks as the car ages and the performance becomes commonplace.
    Iíve just come back from the dealers and although Iím probably a bit biased, the 355 attracted attention and seemed to stand out amongst the more modern, and obviously vastly more competent machinery.
    In my eyes, the Mondial,246, 308 to 355 have the classic Ferrari look and size, but from the 360 onwards the cars have grown and lost something.
    Perhaps itís just an age thing.

Allandwf is offline Essex boy's Ford Capri Club Member
    Name
    Allan Fisher

Default 348

Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post
    We had 3 cars on our stand at Glamis on Sunday - 355, 550 & 488. When the owner of the 488 wasn't around, we found similar to what Pete is saying - most folk preferred the older models, and saw them as less 'flash'.

Age dependent as well though, depends what you grew up lusting over

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk
    Pity I was away, or I would have nipped down in the 348.
    I also agree with the positive reactions to the older cars. I had the exact same thing at the Scottish Italian Car Day recently.

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

I think it really is an age thing. Adults don't have poster cars.
    I got a mix of comments with my Mondial QV, from "that's nice" to "Nice Toyota". I listened in to a guy preaching to a small crowd in front of my Mondial declaring how he could tell it was a replica.

With my F355 and on Deansgate in Manchester a number of years ago an ice lolly thrown at the car as we drove past. I got less 'replica MR2' comments with that than I ever did the Mondial. Never understood that at all.

I've only once taken my 360 to a car show (I get bored quite quickly now at car shows) and a pal (he's an infrequent visitor on here now) saw it and the plate M700 DNA almost convinced him it was a DNA plastic pig replica

Anyway my daughter who is now 26 was just embarrassed (11 years ago) when I picked her up from school one time in the Mondial. She much prefers the 360 because to her it looks like a modern Ferrari. She never commented on the F355. She has been out with me in my 360, which she probably would not have given the choice, with my Mondial. Not sure she ever went in the F355.
    My fiancee's children from 21-30 agree with my daughter.

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by MalcH View Post
    I think it really is an age thing. Adults don't have poster cars.
    I got a mix of comments with my Mondial QV, from "that's nice" to "Nice Toyota". I listened in to a guy preaching to a small crowd in front of my Mondial declaring how he could tell it was a replica.

With my F355 and on Deansgate in Manchester a number of years ago an ice lolly thrown at the car as we drove past. I got less 'replica MR2' comments with that than I ever did the Mondial. Never understood that at all.

I've only once taken my 360 to a car show (I get bored quite quickly now at car shows) and a pal (he's an infrequent visitor on here now) saw it and the plate M700 DNA almost convinced him it was a DNA plastic pig replica

Anyway my daughter who is now 26 was just embarrassed (11 years ago) when I picked her up from school one time in the Mondial. She much prefers the 360 because to her it looks like a modern Ferrari. She never commented on the F355. She has been out with me in my 360, which she probably would not have given the choice, with my Mondial. Not sure she ever went in the F355.
    My fiancee's children from 21-30 agree with my daughter.
    Have had the full range of comments in my two current Ferrari’s. The 599 is more loved and receives very few negative comments. In fact the only negative I can recall was some environmental warrior who soon shut up when I showed my carbon offset card and explained that I was helping build wind farms for a living - which I was at the time.

The red V8 is another story - it still gets lots of attention both good and bad.

The most crazy one was a random woman asking if I had a red Ferrari because I had a small cock! In town during the week no issues on weekends there is always some bell-end who has to have a witty comment that they think no one has ever heard before. So far the positives outweigh the negatives for now but I can’t see that lasting due to the environmental brainwashing the kids are getting at school.

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Mod, I think red and black Ferraris and especially mid-engine will always draw attention. Yellow too, to a degree. I think to be inconspicuous you need any other colour.

I have recently had the "you should have bought a CS". My reply was that I'd rather have had a 458 which is similar money now. I do like CS's but they're really silly prices.

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    So far the positives outweigh the negatives for now but I canít see that lasting due to the environmental brainwashing the kids are getting at school.
    It's not just the schools, it's the millionaire Corbyn preaching for everyone to hate people with any kind of wealth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12