Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Speeding ticket posted from france .

Mike01606 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshirelad View Post
    it has the same heading but 3 pages ....having gone through it best I can see is that this is a final reminder..... I have not seen the first!!!! I would have thought there is a time limit of less than 10 months to issue a ticket ???? thing is I don't have that car anymore...
    But was it you driving it in France? If so I'd stump up. If not I'd either get a French speaker to ring/write to them or I'd cobble together a letter with evidence of the sale, bang it through google translate (it'll be legible enough) and send it off registered delivery.

What I really hope is that our government are doing the same. I'm fed up of being passed by overseas cars speeding though the average speed sections on the M6/M1.
    We also need to start selling £50 'vignettes' at Folkstone to use the UK road network.

Fluffekins is offline Remember the Alamo! Club Member
    Name
    Russell

I received a speeding ticket while in France a couple of weeks ago - in perfect English, very well laid out and easy to pay.

I was 1 kmp/h over the 50 limit!

Quite proud of myself given that my speedo doesn't work (in the Caterham).

ronrob is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Ronald Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshirelad View Post
    it has the same heading but 3 pages ....having gone through it best I can see is that this is a final reminder..... I have not seen the first!!!! I would have thought there is a time limit of less than 10 months to issue a ticket ???? thing is I don't have that car anymore...
    You say in your post #3 that the communication is dated June. Is that the date of sending the document off to you or the date of the speeding? (you will the date and time of the "clocking" in the part where they refer to the "infraction", the French term for the offence). I think that the time limit for the full whack is 45 days.

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Quote Originally Posted by achaddy View Post
    Don't worry Francis, in about a year they will pass it onto the Police with the amount payable quadrupled. Will have a IBAN number then IIRC. Been there, seen it, worn the T-shirt

As for the French ticket. If they go to the trouble of getting your details from DVLA and send a ticket to your home address then they should send the ticket in your native language.
    Is that right - for a parking ticket?

if so I might appeal now.

Name
    birdseye

Apparently they have bailiffs in the UK authorised to collect the fines so you cannot just hunker down here and forget it with impunity

Name
    ian

I cant find anything that refers to a time limit like the UK does ..ours is 14 days..spain says 12 months !!

A348W is offline I have a dodgy moustache - the Ferrari 308 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    But was it you driving it in France? If so I'd stump up. If not I'd either get a French speaker to ring/write to them or I'd cobble together a letter with evidence of the sale, bang it through google translate (it'll be legible enough) and send it off registered delivery.

What I really hope is that our government are doing the same. I'm fed up of being passed by overseas cars speeding though the average speed sections on the M6/M1.
    We also need to start selling £50 'vignettes' at Folkstone to use the UK road network.
    Lots on the web on this. Apparently the UK has rolled over and had its tummy tickled again as per US extradition; ie we cant reciprocate. That was on one website; so whether it true I don't know, but judging by the quality of our MPs these days more than plausible!

A fair few details on how to pay these fines on the www. Take it on the chin, pay the fine, frame the fine and hang it in your man cave!

Name
    CPD

Travelling a lot with work I drive in foreign parts pretty much once or twice a month. Iíve amassed quite a collection of fines.

Generally I have learned.

The French are the worse / best depending on your POV for the slightly over the limit fines and motorway risk of a fine. Given their network is so lightly trafficked itís daft really but the police are there and they have to find things to do. I avoid France in general as much as poss anyway.

The Germans do send fines but the amounts are highly variable. The one I am most proud of was a 10euro fine for driving too close on the unlimited section of an autobahn at get this 250km/h. Should frame that one for the speed confirmation and the size of the fine.

Belgium - never any fines

Italy - lots of fines but never in a ferrari - that tells you a lot given how I drive them over there. Cameras are now all in WAZE so been a while since the last one.

Spain - never any fines

Portugal - never any fines and people drive FAST there

Netherlands - never any fines

Austria - never any fines

Slovenia - nabbed by police unmarked car - no road toll vignette

Czech Republic - no fines

Greece - never any fines

Romania - never any fines

Hungary - never any fines

Denmark / Sweden / Finland - never any fines

Mike01606 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    Travelling a lot with work I drive in foreign parts pretty much once or twice a month. Iíve amassed quite a collection of fines.

Generally I have learned.

The French are the worse / best depending on your POV for the slightly over the limit fines and motorway risk of a fine. Given their network is so lightly trafficked itís daft really but the police are there and they have to find things to do. I avoid France in general as much as poss anyway.

The Germans do send fines but the amounts are highly variable. The one I am most proud of was a 10euro fine for driving too close on the unlimited section of an autobahn at get this 250km/h. Should frame that one for the speed confirmation and the size of the fine.

Belgium - never any fines

Italy - lots of fines but never in a ferrari - that tells you a lot given how I drive them over there. Cameras are now all in WAZE so been a while since the last one.

Spain - never any fines

Portugal - never any fines and people drive FAST there

Netherlands - never any fines

Austria - never any fines

Slovenia - nabbed by police unmarked car - no road toll vignette

Czech Republic - no fines

Greece - never any fines

Romania - never any fines

Hungary - never any fines

Denmark / Sweden / Finland - never any fines
    I drive in Sweden a lot and went through a village with a mobile trap at the side of the road whilst with a local colleague.
    They told me they have to have a clear picture of the driver to get a conviction so I just pulled the sun visor down.
    Donít know if itís true or not but knowing Sweden quite well, suspect it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

550v12 is offline Salesman's average 3 Series BMW Club Member
    Name
    Mark

I've just received a speeding notice in English.
    Offence June 19, Notice June 25, received July 3. 90 Euros if paid with 61 days by credit card.
    For 102 kmh in 80 limit on a wide open straight RN.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast