Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone's 360 live outside year round?

Name
    Michael

I leave mine outside all year - a 2003 360 spider in the wet and cold of Yorkshire!

It does have a stormforce cover on it over winter but that's it.

Not had any issues and never fails to start if used within a month. Also, I do turn the battery master switch off if I'm leaving it for a while.

I have to leave it outside as I live in a very old cottage with no drive or garage.

Could afford to move house and have the car so that's what I do.

I do ensure it is cleaned, polished and waxed in order to protect it better.

Also, with mine being a spider it does get condensation on the inside so I use a couple of dehumidifier bags.

Only issue I found was the handbrake sticking after a while of being stood so I now leave it in reverse with the handbrake off.

Sent from my BBF100-1 using Tapatalk

Name
    Michael

Should have said couldn't afford to move house and have the car!!!!!

Sent from my BBF100-1 using Tapatalk

Nosevi is online now There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by rossyl View Post
    Not the answers I was after clearly. Oh well.

Where are the people using their 360 as a daily driver? I thought there were a few.

In that Pistonheads thread there was someone with a Testerossa parked outside. Clearly older and less well built than a 360.

I appreciate it isn't ideal, but what I'm after on this thread is more so actual experience rather than speculation that it will break if parked outside.
    Iím not sure anyone is saying you canít or that itíll break, merely that over a substantial period of a few years itíll deteriorate more than a car kept dry and out of the elements and on a Ferrari thatíll cost you. Itíll either cost you in maintenance if you want to keep the car in perfect nick or at resale if you choose not to. Just the way it is. But no ones saying it canít be done

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Not sure what sort of paint Ferrari use but red cars are buggers for the lacquer peeling off. My Mini is always left on the drive and the red paintwork is horrible with lots of blisters on the lacquer with some patches where its gone (about the size of a 50p coin) . My 430 and Elise are also red, both live in the garage, and apart from some stone chips the paintwork on both is still very good.

I think its the sunlight that does the damage, so not sure how good red paint would look if parked outside ....... of course you could save money and buy one which isnt retail red

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post
    Not sure what sort of paint Ferrari use but red cars are buggers for the lacquer peeling off. My Mini is always left on the drive and the red paintwork is horrible with lots of blisters on the lacquer with some patches where its gone (about the size of a 50p coin) . My 430 and Elise are also red, both live in the garage, and apart from some stone chips the paintwork on both is still very good.

I think its the sunlight that does the damage, so not sure how good red paint would look if parked outside ....... of course you could save money and buy one which isnt retail red
    Yes. my Z3 is red (going a bit pale but not quite pink) and as well as lacquer I would say UV fades them a bit too.

Yellow, you need a yellow 360

I know when 360's were new there was one localish to me and it was obviously a daily car and I saw it parked on the road most of the time. The newest 360's are about 15 now so they're hardly new cars anymore.

All that said my 20 years old Alfa sat out all year long (cover in winter) on the drive and was mostly OK, it only broke because of a crap mechanic and owner (I was only the latter ).

Burriana was the Testarossa owner, he used to be a regular on here in days gone by.

dave964 is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Dave

Bit OT, but I saw a Testarossa on the road yesterday - never actually seen one in use before.

Name
    Adam

I used to live in Clapham and my 348 was parked on the street all year round and also used as a daily.

My 360 lived outside for 1 year of my ownership and I only covered 1000 miles in that year. It wasn't on a trickle charger but i did used to top the battery up (in situ) when the weather wasn't bad. Never had any issues with it.

The only issues I used to have with my 348 was coming out and having the occasional burger or chips thrown over the car. No damage ever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12