Thread: F430 Spider Passenger Window sticking....(and driver's side squeaking)

JohnJStewart is offline Only useful for school runs - The Ferrari 308GT4 Club Member
    Name
    John Stewart

Default F430 Spider Passenger Window sticking....(and driver's side squeaking)

First up my passenger window is behaving very oddly. When I drop the roof the window doesn't want to go down and sticks immediately then goes a bit wonky (technical term) as in it doesn't look straight. If I nurse it a bit with the window switch and a bit of fiddling it does go down and once it's past the first couple of inches it goes as normal. I've had a look at a YouTube of how to remove the door panel/car etc but to be honest the mechanism all looks a bit complicated on the schematics and unless something is obviously loose or broken then I fear wasting a lot of time to take off and replace the card with fingers crossed. Before I start does anyone have any thoughts on possible issues.

Second up - my driver's side window has got the squeak from hell on lowering. It seems to be from the door rubber/window felt and I've tried some silicon but it doesn't stop it. Could this be an alignment issue? It raises and lowers fine but the noise is ridiculous and I am sure that Ferrari didn't design it that way (or did they!). Any ideas?

dave964 is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Dave

Whenever I've had odd behaviour with a window (not happened with the Ferrari yet), it's always been the regulator. I've replaced them on some other cars (my Alfa, and the 911 turbo I used to have) - not all that difficult.

Name
    Mark

Door cards off, moisture barrier off, then grease the mechanisms: the central cam gear arrangement, and both front & rear sliders.

Use Lithium grease.

JohnJStewart is offline Only useful for school runs - The Ferrari 308GT4 Club Member
    Name
    John Stewart

Default Window - thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by MWStewart View Post
    Door cards off, moisture barrier off, then grease the mechanisms: the central cam gear arrangement, and both front & rear sliders.

Use Lithium grease.
    Thanks. Sounds like a fun weekend at some point. I've watched the online videos of removing the door cards and it looks a lot simpler than I know it will be!!

Name
    John Stewart

Default New moisture seal......

Is this something that is available to buy? I usually find that the original is wrecked or I wreck it when I do these jobs, so a new one would be sensible.