Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Supercar Event Saturday 1st June 2019 - Goodwood Motor Circuit

Name
    Mal

Default The Supercar Event Saturday 1st June 2019 - Goodwood Motor Circuit

After the trials of having to change venue twice in 2 years the 2019 Supercar Event will be on Saturday 1st June at Goodwood.

We are very pleased to have secured this Iconic venue for the next two years at least. In 2019 it will be a one day event, but in 2020 we will be back to a 2 days event, although it will be on a Friday / Saturday.

I know Pete has already done the drivers list, but there will be an space available for a Club Scud static display area - if there is enough interest - please post below if you want to do this so we can gauge the level of interest.

Also if anyone wants to volunteer to help in the pit area please send me a PM

https://www.thechildrenstrust.org.uk/the-supercar-event

The Trust and The Committee are always very grateful for the support we receive from Club Scuderia. If you haven't been to the event do come along and see what it is about.

phillg is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Phill Grimshaw

Count me in
    Spider,or coupe? Just get one of each.

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Hi Mal, happy to display the FF (458 for track)

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Quote Originally Posted by mal View Post

The Trust and The Committee are always very grateful for the support we receive from Club Scuderia. If you haven't been to the event do come along and see what it is about.
    Thanks Mal.

Just to confirm that the comms have once again agreed that Club Scud will sponsor the event as we have done since the very first one

dave964 is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Dave

I was planning to be a driver - but given recent events, that isn't happening.

If there is a display, I'd like to be part of that if my car is back on the road by 1st June. Current estimate was mid-May, but that might change once it's been stripped down I guess.

Name
    Ralph Payne

I am down to drive at this. However, if noise limits apply then it's very unlikely I can venture out on circuit and would be happy to be part of the static display.

Name
    Mal

Quote Originally Posted by francisn View Post
    Thanks Mal.

Just to confirm that the comms have once again agreed that Club Scud will sponsor the event as we have done since the very first one
    Francis,
    That is great and is really appreciated by everyone involved.
    Mal

dave964 is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Dave

How did this go? First year I've not been able to do it with the 360

Found a few reviews which were mostly positive, but the negative ones seemed to say it was very busy with people getting rides way past their allocated time, and a few even saying they gave up and went home without the ride! Is it the nature of Goodwood, or was it due to being very very popular, or too few cars?

Really looking forward to being a part of it again next year!

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Quote Originally Posted by dave964 View Post
    How did this go? First year I've not been able to do it with the 360

Found a few reviews which were mostly positive, but the negative ones seemed to say it was very busy with people getting rides way past their allocated time, and a few even saying they gave up and went home without the ride! Is it the nature of Goodwood, or was it due to being very very popular, or too few cars?

Really looking forward to being a part of it again next year!

It was a brilliant day and Goodwood is perfect. Limited number of cars allowed on track due to noise caused some queues, I think a few were upset, but they got it under control, it also didn't help that there were a number of cars people didn't want to go in (IMHO rightly so), have given my thoughts to Pete and the team

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

I don't think I am wrong in saying that the Supercar Event started from efforts of members on here. Once again your committee were happy to donate on your behalf 2,000 to this great cause, The Children's Trust.

Yesterday I received a thank you letter from The Children's Trust. That thank you is for all of you on here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast