Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Choosing my first Ferrari

Name
    Dean Faulkner

Default Choosing my first Ferrari

Hello People

Considering buying my first Ferrari.

Iíve seen a F430 Manual Spider advertised with 5,500k which is £179,995 at Romans of which I like the colour combination. Thereís also Iíve at GVE with 17k got £124k Thatís such a huge difference for 12k miles

Iím thinking this is overpriced but I could be wrong as very low mile manual.

Quite a daunting experience trying to buy a nice car for the right money.

Thanks

jos is online now Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    jos

Default Welcome

If you want a red 430 manual spider to stick on a wall then it might be ideal

If you ever intend to drive it you'll burn maybe half the value even before any downturn

Try an F1, set yourself a sensible budget and talk to some sensible folk eg AV or Elias at Autoficcina

Or spend £ 180 on a 488 with factory warranty from a main dealer

(Disclaimer: I've no idea about realistic prices currently but they might well be less than you see advertised)

achaddy is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Andy Chadwick

My thoughts exactly.

If your wanting to spend that money then 488s are certainly in reach. Plenty of early GTBs around 180 mark.

Unless your set on a manual Ferrari but that's still silly money your talking there. And the market is cooling. Have a go in F1 and see what you think and save a bomb.

Mike01606 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Default Choosing my first Ferrari

Welcome to the forum...

Wow....Romans are flying a kite with that price (IMHO)...
    It wasnít too long ago that there was no price differential between F1 and manual...
    Both sound overpriced particularly in the current market....at the end of the day they are worth what people are prepared to pay but still wow!

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by TalentedMrRipley View Post
    Hello People

Iíve seen a F430 Manual Spider advertised with 5,500k which is £179,995 at Romans...

Challenge Stradale or 458. End of.

Name
    birdseye

Quote Originally Posted by TalentedMrRipley View Post
    Hello People

Iíve seen a F430 Manual Spider advertised with 5,500k which is £179,995 at Romans of which I like the colour combination. Thereís also Iíve at GVE with 17k got £124k Thatís such a huge difference for 12k miles

Iím thinking this is overpriced but I could be wrong as very low mile manual.

Quite a daunting experience trying to buy a nice car for the right money.

Thanks
    In effect you would be paying £ 80,000 for a manual gearbox as opposed to flappy. There are a proportion of enthusiasts, including me, who would prefer a manual to an flappy paddle but it is a fashion thing in the same way that there is a fashion driving the prices of 458s compared with 430 or 488s. In the overheated market we have recently had, these fashion prices are driven high - will that last now the market is much softer. I doubt it.

What you are also seeing is SoR cars advertised at prices way higher than the real market level. They either catch someone with money to burn of more often just stick at the dealers untiil the price is lower or the owner take the car back. I quote one dealers email to me today " It's tough, there are small pockets of business but it is hard work. Either offers too low to accept or part exchanges we can't place".

Cant see the car in Romans listings so either its gone or you have bought it.

Name
    Carper Mike

Holey smoley .... how much

Mad pricing IMO.

As comparison £ 79,995.00 for a 15k mile 430 F1 @ The Ferrari Centre ( no affiliation btw )

OR ... £ 147,995 for a 13k mile RHD 458 !!
    Last edited by Carper; 11-03-2019 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Another thought !

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Quote Originally Posted by jos View Post
    If you want a red 430 manual spider to stick on a wall then it might be ideal

If you ever intend to drive it you'll burn maybe half the value even before any downturn

Try an F1, set yourself a sensible budget and talk to some sensible folk eg AV or Elias at Autoficcina

Or spend £ 180 on a 488 with factory warranty from a main dealer

(Disclaimer: I've no idea about realistic prices currently but they might well be less than you see advertised)
    This ^^ If you want a car for concours use then perhaps. As soon as the miles go up your 'investment' will drop massively I'm quite sure.

I guess if you want a manual Ferrari Spider as new as possible it is going to have to be an F430.

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MalcH View Post
    As soon as the miles go up your 'investment' will drop massively I'm quite sure.
    Very true. That one special road trip to Maranello could cost £50k

Name
    Martin

I don't know much about the manual F430 but at that price I would be considering a 360 Stradale, 430 Scuderia, 458 or do as I did and get a very low mileage 488 GTB with 2 years warranty and 5 years inclusive servicing included for very similar money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast