Thread: State of Play in the Supercar Market

Name
    Boxer

Default State of Play in the Supercar Market

Just posted a new blog on Geneva & the state of play in the supercar market:

https://karenable.com/geneva-the-sta...percar-market/

Comments?

sweeni is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    David Todd

Good and interesting read.
    I reluctantly have to agree about McLaren pulling ahead of Ferrari although if in the market I still wouldn’t buy one, partly because I am unable to tell which model is which. Sometimes no matter what appears to be the best with me it comes down to emotion and McLaren simply don’t give me that.
    "When Lance "cries" on Oprah , spare a thought for all of those genuine people who walked away with no reward – just shattered dreams. Each one of them is worth a thousand Lances"

candellara is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX Club Member
    Name
    Candellara

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
    Just posted a new blog on Geneva & the state of play in the supercar market:

https://karenable.com/geneva-the-sta...percar-market/

Comments?
    On the subject of the Dallara Stradale, I recently had the pleasure of meeting Mr Dallara at his factory (sat in his office with Miki Biasion - but that's another story) and driving the Stradale both on the road and testing it's full capabilities at Varano circuit.

Interesting car. Apparently it can generate in excess of 2g in corners which I can believe with the optional rear wing fitted. The car I drove was sequential box with the rear wing but Varano is a short, tight circuit and not possible to test really high speed downforce. Lovely looking thing and i'm sure there'll be plenty of takers for it despite it having a Ford Ecoboost engine with a €200k + price tag

candellara is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX Club Member
    Name
    Candellara

Some pics (sorry to hijack thread)
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Name
    CPD

Like the Dallara - Bet it will be v.fast in the right hands - See it a lot like a next gen Evora type of car in many ways

If you ever get a chance to drive an Evora btw. - do so - they are really sublime when pushed hard

Name
    birdseye

Quote Originally Posted by sweeni View Post
    Good and interesting read.
    I reluctantly have to agree about McLaren pulling ahead of Ferrari although if in the market I still wouldn’t buy one, partly because I am unable to tell which model is which. Sometimes no matter what appears to be the best with me it comes down to emotion and McLaren simply don’t give me that.
    I know where you are coming from with that post. The McLarens I have driven have all been better in most ways, engine excepted, than the corresponding Ferrari but somehow they are just too "kit car". It doesnt help that they are British and therefore too ordniary. And their dealer network, full of "high net worth" type dealers rather than enthusiasts, leaves me cold.

But you cant argue that they have come an awful long way in a short time and the latest top of the range Ferrari is in many ways a McLaren Tributo.

As for the state of play of the market as a whole and the OPs report, the one word used there that I would question is "viable". I can't help but thing that the next recession, and one is due pretty soon given the length ot time without one, will see off most if not all of the tiny volume mega price collector type supercarmakers. When the sky clouds over., people hunker down.
    Last edited by birdseye; 15-06-2019 at 11:54 AM.