Thread: Anyone fitted PS4S on a 458?

Name
    Andrew Gibson

Default Anyone fitted PS4S on a 458?

Hi there

Am enjoying the car, but I am finding traction terrible on the 2017 dated Pzero tyres the car has come with, around 6mm tread, in the wet it is just lighting the tyres up, even in the dry its not fantastic.

I remember test driving another car and it gripped so well, I noted it was on new Michelin PS4S tyres and they did not seem to be K marked.

So has anyone here fitted the PS4S XL tyres all round on their 458? Big improvement over Pzero?

Name
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo205 View Post
    Hi there

Am enjoying the car, but I am finding traction terrible on the 2017 dated Pzero tyres the car has come with, around 6mm tread, in the wet it is just lighting the tyres up, even in the dry its not fantastic.

I remember test driving another car and it gripped so well, I noted it was on new Michelin PS4S tyres and they did not seem to be K marked.

So has anyone here fitted the PS4S XL tyres all round on their 458? Big improvement over Pzero?
    I've just bought a set of S4S from Camskill for my 458 as I also think the P Zeros are shocking. Not fitted the Michelin yet but they will probably go on in the next couple of weeks.

Name
    Andrew Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by Barry P. View Post
    I've just bought a set of S4S from Camskill for my 458 as I also think the P Zeros are shocking. Not fitted the Michelin yet but they will probably go on in the next couple of weeks.

Yep I spotted Camskill is £790 for a full set which seems the cheapest online.
    Am gonna order a set and Ferrari said were happy to fit for me.

Name
    Barry

Ferrari will probably charge you £200 to fit them, I went to my local tyre dealers that I use regularly, the guys were extra careful with the rims and let me watch over them , charged £40 for fitting and balancing the four tyres. Not done any miles yet but soon as I do a decent journey I'll let you know what they are like.

mbwoy84 is offline Del Boy's Reliant Robin Club Member
    Name
    Mike

That's a good price if it includes delivery. I can get them a little cheaper as trade, but margins on tyres for anyone are tiny!

Great tyres though and should be K1 Marked as well.

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by mbwoy84 View Post
    That's a good price if it includes delivery. I can get them a little cheaper as trade, but margins on tyres for anyone are tiny!

Great tyres though and should be K1 Marked as well.
    Not on 458 but do have them on my much breathed on 430 F1 - great tyre both on road and track (with normal road tyre limitations).

K1 is as suggested the Ferrari fitment code. Beware just fitting the ‘correct size’ alone as the tyres are engineered to the Tipo. Ferrari have switched to Michelin now for a reason.

Name
    Dermot

Do others find tyre purchasing very confusing
    Have a look at what comes up on the blackcircles site for the front set on 458?

Michelin has PSS (K1) the PS4S are not K1. There are 2 prices for the PS4S (£170.54 these are XL and N0) and £202.99 (XL) What is the difference ?

https://www.blackcircles.com/order/t...file=35&rim=20

Name
    Andrew Gibson

MPSS K1 is designed for the 458 !
    PS4S K tyre is designed for Lusso, not 458, the Lusso is much heavier in comparison.

For 458 fitting of regular PS4S XL is recommended, I have now done this and the cars performance is simply a night and day transition from the Pzero K series tyres the car had fitted, highly recommended.

Name
    Dermot

thanks for the clarification