Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 355 alarm issue

Name
    Jamie

Default 355 alarm issue

Evening gents/lasses

Ive had my 355 a while now and lately the alarms been playing up!

The red LED on the dash is on constant and the fob doesn’t unlock/lock the car, I have to operate the locks via key, the fob shuts off the immobiliser fine. ive done a little research and the alarm siren battery has come up, I have some questions

1- is this likely to be causing the fob not operating the locking/unlocking of the car or is this just causing constant LED to stay on

2- ive read the battery is likely to have leaked and damaged the circuit board, can these not just be cleaned & repaired with a new battery fitted?

3- if not what replacements can be had

4- I’m extremely busy as of late, if I continue to use the car am i risking not been able to start the car?

Regards!

Name
    Jamie

Today the red LED was not on constantly however my other issue remains

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Hi Jamie

the solid light sounds like the siren/ battery issue, speak to Tim at Walkersport, IIRC he had a cost effective solution.

To my knowledge it won't affect the operation of a remote, do either of the other remotes work OK?

jos is online now Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    jos

Are you getting the light on the fobs when you press the button - if not replace their batteries

As soon as you can have the alarm module replaced - there's a lot of mythology about so I cannot recall if a leaked battery affects the operation of the immobiliser - logically it could - do not bother to try to replace the battery or seek alternate module

The module is a few hundred quid and an easy self replace - there must be old threads here & elsewhere & no doubt videos on Youtube

p/n = 177148 here for example https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Genuine-Fer...0297568&chn=ps
    Last edited by jos; 04-01-2019 at 11:32 PM.

Name
    Ian Riddell

Quote Originally Posted by Red355 View Post
    The red LED on the dash is on constant and the fob doesn’t unlock/lock the car,
    So the door lock solenoids don't make any sound at all? Do the solenoids work with the centre console switches? If they do, that probably means the door locking ECU (in the passenger footwell) is ok (and it truly is an alarm problem).

2- ive read the battery is likely to have leaked and damaged the circuit board, can these not just be cleaned & repaired with a new battery fitted?
    It depends on how damaged the circuit is. Battery replacement is relatively easy as long as you get the battery shop to fit the correct connector plug for you. Sometimes they do it for free.

3- if not what replacements can be had
    Some folks in the States have used almost identical (and much cheaper) Corvette sirens (with some wiring modifications). P/N 15213135. Ferrarichat.com has details. I don't know if the siren sound is the same. Just do a word search "alarm siren" on the 348/355 forum for dozens of hits on this topic.

Name
    Steve

Yes. I did this on mine. Less than an hour from siren out to siren back in with a new battery, including letting the soldering iron heat up!

This is the battery you need: https://cpc.farnell.com/gp-batteries...mah/dp/BT01850

Name
    Jamie

Hi good afternoon

The red led on the fob lights up when I press the button, I also had the 2nd black slave and the red fob however neither seem to work,will try swapping battery’s.

The door pins on both doors go down slightly and straight back up again, can hear them trying to operate

Name
    Ian Riddell

The door pins on both doors go down slightly and straight back up again, can hear them trying to operate
    Is it possible that a door open switch, front luggage compartment or engine lid switch is not allowing you to lock the car? If you clean the switches with a non-residue solvent, exercise them and let them dry, it may come good.

Name
    Jamie

Do you mean the locking mechanisms front and back? Will give them a clean and see

if I lock the doors with the key and try the fob it’s the same thing, the pins go up slightly and down again, also the same result using the centre console switch

Regards

Name
    Ian Riddell

I think the alarm system responds to the microswitch near each door hinge (if I remember the location properly). i.e the one which puts on the interior lights.

Maybe get someone to lean on the engine lid (or whatever action is required to remove the earth signal). The engine lid switch produces an earth when the lid is open. I can't recall the setup for the front luggage compartment. Anyway, do one switch at a time to see if you can isolate the problem to a particular switch. Check for an audible click or detent on the switches to see if the switch action feels/sounds ok.

Don't use WD40 or other lubricating product. That will just attract dust.
    Last edited by Qavion; 06-01-2019 at 12:30 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast