Thread: 2006 f430 spider

zambesi0 is offline Burnt out Rover Metro Club Member
    Name
    mick

Default 2006 f430 spider

hi all,
    Newby!
    I am just about to start repairing a damaged f430 recently acquired,light frontal damage,blown air bags and seat belts,windscreen cracked.both wings ,bonnet,front bumper, one radiator seem to be main problems.
    any advice regarding things to look out for/parts suppliers etc would be much appreciated.

jos is online now Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    jos

Default Welcome & good luck with the rebuild

At some point you'll come across Eurospares (whose website also has the parts book) then beyond them there's a few others both in UK & Europe some of whom advertise on Ebay some of whom are more reliable than others (eg Germans & French)

There several threads here in the past suggesting other breakers - try a search

Others may have other ideas about other aspects such as the frames which I believe do not repair like traditional chassis

Let us know how you get on

Mike01606 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Welcome and good luck.

Plenty of pics please 👍. Tapatalk on the phone makes it really easy to post pictures.

Prosport Ferrari carry some body panels parts so maybe worth a call. I use my local main dealer and the parts team are super helpful and reliable with good pricing.

Maranello parts are a forum sponsor so may be able to help also.

achaddy is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Andy Chadwick

Second what Mike is saying.

Make a relationship with your nearest main dealer parts department. You may get yourself a 15-20% discount on parts and not be messed around on delivery plus helpful advice.

Eurospares will provide the parts but at full retail cost and when they can be arsed to deliver. But they wont tell you when that might be.

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by achaddy View Post
    Second what Mike is saying.

Make a relationship with your nearest main dealer parts department. You may get yourself a 15-20% discount on parts and not be messed around on delivery plus helpful advice.

Eurospares will provide the parts but at full retail cost and when they can be arsed to deliver. But they wont tell you when that might be.
    Sage advice...

Most of the time eBay prices are more than the main dealer unless they are private sellers. Maranello / Dealer do have differences in price sometimes due to pricing policies not always aligned. Thatís my approach and maranello / local dealer get all of my business now.