Thread: grigio alloy

Name
    birdseye

Default grigio alloy

Been looking at a car in this colour. Bit uncertain about it but the general advice seenms to be that it would be a dog to resell eventually, and worth significantly less than resale red or even black.

Anyone got such a car? Anyone sold one? Advice appreciated

ronrob is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Ronald Brown

It's so subjective and different shapes/curves respond differently. For example, IMO, the 458 looks a lot better in grigio than in red. As for resale, you need a crystal ball, but it's my view that the almost obligatory red Ferrari is less the case today. When one buys a car with resale uppermost in one's mind.........c'est autre chose.

Name
    birdseye

I guess its the Voicey data at the back of my mind re-inforced by more than 4 dealer I have spoken to. The unanimity is un nerving.

A348W is offline Only useful for school runs - The Ferrari 308GT4 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Don't suppose this is a particular 360F1 you are looking at?

If it is, I'd say your quandary is reflected in the asking price. Haggle hard, and with the engine bay tidy that is needed and even with the aftermarket parking sensors, I'd say that could be a attractive price. Add some carbon and a challenge grill and that would be on my list!

sweeni is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    David Todd

What model are you looking at?
    Jules had a 360 in that colour and I have a 550 in Grigio Alloy, one of only 6 in the UK, and I think it looks very classy.
    "When Lance "cries" on Oprah , spare a thought for all of those genuine people who walked away with no reward – just shattered dreams. Each one of them is worth a thousand Lances"

Mike01606 is online now Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by sweeni View Post
    What model are you looking at?
    Jules had a 360 in that colour and I have a 550 in Grigio Alloy, one of only 6 in the UK, and I think it looks very classy.
    Dave on here has a GA 360 also.....

Like my car (in Silver) they’ll never be as popular as red but you buy cheap, sell cheap.
    For the V12’s, all of the metallic silver/greys/blues look good.
    Do I regret not buying red? Maybe when the price differential expanded as the prices went up but I also prefer my car not to stand out.
    If the prices do come down. None red maybe has less to fall, but with fewer buyers they’ll also will be harder to shift.

Do you like it? If so and if it is a good car and price is right. What’s not to like.....

If it were me, on a car approaching 20 years old condition trumps everything. A bad red car will still be a bitter experience.

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Like my car (in Silver) they’ll never be as popular as red but you buy cheap, sell cheap.
    This is so true and holds true for anything which holds a premium beit colour, full manual, even Ferrari main dealer service history. The trick is to recognise where the car you are thinking of buying sits in the marketplace and pay accordingly. If you can do that the best advice is probably to simply get what YOU want in terms of colour, tipo and variant.

dave964 is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Dave

Yep - it was actually at the top of the list of colours I wanted. Having had a red 348, red was actually at the bottom (although I acknowledge that red does suit the 360).

I looked at seeking mine a year or so back, including talking to Rardley and absolutely nothing was mentioned about the colour being an issue.

Name
    Mark

I agree that it should be a personal choice and Dave's 360 looks nice even though he keeps crashing it

I remember seeing an original sales brochure photograph of a GA Spider and it looked absolutely beautiful.

Name
    birdseye

For the V12’s, all of the metallic silver/greys/blues look good.
    Do I regret not buying red? Maybe when the price differential expanded as the prices went up but I also prefer my car not to stand out.
    If the prices do come down. None red maybe has less to fall, but with fewer buyers they’ll also will be harder to shift.

Do you like it? If so and if it is a good car and price is right. What’s not to like.....

If it were me, on a car approaching 20 years old condition trumps everything. A bad red car will still be a bitter experience.
    Lot of sense there.