Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maserati MC Stradale - am I mad?

Nosevi is online now There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by fezzaman View Post
    I did think of the Cali, but for me personally I cannot quite get on with the looks. I have no doubt it is probably a better all round package vs. the Maserati so might be worth a closer look.
    I’ve always thought the Cali is a car that looks far better in the metal than it does in a picture. Some cars are like that - I think a 348 looks great in the metal, not so good in a picture, a 308/328 on the other hand looks equally good in either. I guess some cars are just more ‘photogenic’ than others

Name
    GQ

I never considered the Cali as an option as I really wouldn't want much more than a lift to the shops in if I had to sit in the back! Let us know how your shopping goes

Name
    birdseye

Quote Originally Posted by fezzaman View Post
    I drive an F430 and love it hence the dilemma! The only logic to moving to something like a MC Stradale in the future is the rear seats which means I am likely to get a chance to use it more. The MC is something I have looked at for a while even pre-F430 but never really ever scratched the itch.

By no means mind made up for me but no harm in a bit of window shopping to either firm up my plans or more likely give myself a reminder about why the Ferrari is so special.

I did think of the Cali, but for me personally I cannot quite get on with the looks. I have no doubt it is probably a better all round package vs. the Maserati so might be worth a closer look.
    I've test driven the Cali, both turbo and non turbo, three times. Like you I think of a more useable "exotic" than my last 430. Trouble is, it feels lardy to drive. It hasnt got the go cart feel of a 430 or indeed other mid engined cars. It feels much like my F type did and I ended up thinking that I would be paying 50k for the car and 50k for the badge,

Name
    fezzaman

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    I've test driven the Cali, both turbo and non turbo, three times. Like you I think of a more useable "exotic" than my last 430. Trouble is, it feels lardy to drive. It hasnt got the go cart feel of a 430 or indeed other mid engined cars. It feels much like my F type did and I ended up thinking that I would be paying 50k for the car and 50k for the badge,
    I agree with this, hence I think if I am going to change it would have to be for something that can give me that 'sense of occasion' whilst giving the benefits of being useable in more driving scenario's. I have picked up the phone on a couple of MC Stradale's and will hopefully try go see what the fuss is all about for myself.

Name
    Dean

I sold my 550 18 months ago and replaced it with a GTS. It’s the one with the ZF box. I love it. A Stradale would have been nice, but the right car at the right price came up for me. Has almost the sense of occasion as the 550. I got a Michelotto remap (from 430 Scud) Plus gearbox remap, supposedly producing 500 bhp. Michelotto obviously know a bit about Ferraris, otherwise I wouldn’t have bothered with the remap. Makes a difference. I’ve also had exhaust tweaked. Sounds awesome.

I miss my 550, but do love my GTS. Looks and sounds beautiful. Totally reliable. Mine was 4 years old when I bought it, with just 6k miles and paid half list price.

It stops people in the street just like the 550 did!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12