Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maserati MC Stradale - am I mad?

Name
    fezzaman

Default Maserati MC Stradale - am I mad?

Hi Guys,

Just wanted some thoughts from people here on the MC Stradale.

Ever since I have had 2 seater sport/supercars I have always been frustrated by the limited opportunities I get to drive them simple due to family/work commitments. I have always wondered whether a 4 seater MC Stradale would be a good compromise where you get the Supercar sense of occasion when driving and option to use the back seats which means it can be used more often especially when going out with the family (this is the only car really in my price range that has a bit of Ferrari DNA I can think of!)

Would be interested in peoples thoughts on this?

Things I have been thinking about
    - How it compares to a mid-engined Ferrari? Will I be left wanting?
    - Reliability and cost of ownership
    - Depreciation and Market appeal for such a car

Thanks

Name
    GQ

Hi - I bought a 17 plate Stradale last year after a battle with my common sense! In fact, it was the very last Stradale to leave the Maserati factory!

My business partner bought a C63 at the same time, which honestly knocks the socks off the Strad with regards technology etc. HOWEVER - if you want a sense of occasion everytime you get in and push that 'Race' button, then look no further. Oh, and it sits 4 adults no problem.

If you want to compare it with a front engine Ferrari, I've driven both the F12 and FF over the last couple of weeks, and they are in a different league, but also in a different price band!

Basically, go and get one! Make sure its a Strad though.

Name:  iphone 701.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  92.7 KB
    Last edited by Quigs; 20-12-2018 at 02:09 PM.

Fluffekins is offline Remember the Alamo! Club Member
    Name
    Russell

Always loved these, they look stunning and for all the reasons you list I think make it a great choice.

Name
    P J

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffekins View Post
    Always loved these, they look stunning and for all the reasons you list I think make it a great choice.
    Saw one of these in the French Alps last summer - as it drove through the village, EVERYONE turned to admire it. It had the racing stripes.....absolutely stunning!

Name
    fezzaman

That pic makes me realise why I have had an itch for these cars, stunning! As mentioned it would definitely be a MC Stradale if I did go for one.

Any thoughts on the other considerations, such as will it leave me 'wanting' after a Ferrari as I would not be able to own both (it would be one or the other). Also any views on their market appeal and depreciation? Maserati's tend to plummet in value from what I have seen, and have heard they seem to take an age to sell if/when needed. However not sure about the MC Stradale (is it considered that much more special hence more desirable).

Name
    GQ

Well the only comparable Ferrari really is either the FF or GTC4 Lusso and your talking £150k for say a 2012 FF and way beyond that for the latter. I keep and maintain a few older Ferraris so need to keep my DD spending a little more sensible.

Like I said, I drove the FF (2012) and compared to my 2017 MC, yes it was superior in pretty much every way, however it didn't leave me with a longing for one. I also think the MC is a better looking car. What I also like about the MC is that you just don't see them, but people can certainly hear them coming

Depreciation, well I try not to think about it but I know I'll probably trade back to Carrs and I can usually wangle a deal to my liking. However I think the MC Stradale can hold more of a premium as its the only one I wanted to buy.

Im just waiting for the Alfieri to be realised but I think Im in for a long wait!

Rear end

Name:  iphone 699.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  89.3 KB
    Last edited by Quigs; 21-12-2018 at 03:24 PM.

Name
    fezzaman

Quote Originally Posted by Quigs View Post
    Well the only comparable Ferrari really is either the FF or GTC4 Lusso and your talking £150k for say a 2012 FF and way beyond that for the latter. I keep and maintain a few older Ferraris so need to keep my DD spending a little more sensible.

Like I said, I drove the FF (2012) and compared to my 2017 MC, yes it was superior in pretty much every way, however it didn't leave me with a longing for one. I also think the MC is a better looking car. What I also like about the MC is that you just don't see them, but people can certainly hear them coming

Depreciation, well I try not to think about it but I know I'll probably trade back to Carrs and I can usually wangle a deal to my liking. However I think the MC Stradale can hold more of a premium as its the only one I wanted to buy.

Im just waiting for the Alfieri to be realised but I think Im in for a long wait!

Rear end

Name:  iphone 699.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  89.3 KB
    I totally agree that it is a better looking car than the FF. Thanks for the advice and I must admit you have one stunning example there!
    There are not many for sale but will try get out and see/drive one to see how they are. Have been lusting after one just from pics, but I am sure it is the drive that will decide whether I would be willing to give up a Ferrari for one!

Name
    GQ

What Ferrari are you driving at the moment?

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Nos

Just sort of as an aside but is a Cali totally out of the question? Several owners have said the rear seats arenít as restrictive as many (myself included) thought, the performance of an earlier Cali is Iím guessing pretty similar, price of an earlier Cali is now similar (I think) and a Cali is about as close to an every day useable Ferrari as youíll get. You also get both a hard top and open sir option. Iíd be tempted to look at one as well as the Maserati.

Name
    fezzaman

Quote Originally Posted by Quigs View Post
    What Ferrari are you driving at the moment?
    I drive an F430 and love it hence the dilemma! The only logic to moving to something like a MC Stradale in the future is the rear seats which means I am likely to get a chance to use it more. The MC is something I have looked at for a while even pre-F430 but never really ever scratched the itch.

By no means mind made up for me but no harm in a bit of window shopping to either firm up my plans or more likely give myself a reminder about why the Ferrari is so special.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    Just sort of as an aside but is a Cali totally out of the question? Several owners have said the rear seats arenít as restrictive as many (myself included) thought, the performance of an earlier Cali is Iím guessing pretty similar, price of an earlier Cali is now similar (I think) and a Cali is about as close to an every day useable Ferrari as youíll get. You also get both a hard top and open sir option. Iíd be tempted to look at one as well as the Maserati.
    I did think of the Cali, but for me personally I cannot quite get on with the looks. I have no doubt it is probably a better all round package vs. the Maserati so might be worth a closer look.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast