Thread: Satnavs

Name
    ian

Default Satnavs

Any suggestions on best satnav, im looking fir one that gives you 3 route options when you set a destination ??

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Make sure you get one that supports itinerary planning i.e the ability to map a route on other software (tyre etc) and then download it onto your sat nav device.

You may find that a lot of Tom Tom devices will allow you to plan and a to b route with a single detour (often called a travel via option), but wont allow you to input a more complex route with a hundred different waypoints.

A lot of Garmin devices will support itinerary planning, so you can download and store a complex route.

Whilst most day to day trips will be a to b, ALL the organised trips I have done in cars have very complex routes with hundreds of way points between the start and finish.

The Clubscud driving trips require a sat nav that allows itinerary planning as we never take to most direct route

Name
    ian

we have a Garmin at the mo which allows you to put in 'via' points, but unless you drive right next to the via point you have to go into settings and delete it before moving to next one!!, tomtom used to do one you could program from computer but we can't find that one anymore...may have been discontinued .. also when putting a route in we want it to offer more than one route option...as when touring both aspects it come in dead handy..would be great to be able to pre program the unit..