Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie looking to buy a 488 GTB

Name
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by F355GTS View Post
    Stratstone group are notorious for stating they don't discount but they will if pushed, definitely worth negotiating. On an earlier point cruise, sensors and nav would all have been options

for pics of the blue car there's some on my site http://www.collinsclan.co.uk/Pages/C...d17/index.html

Lastly their pics don't do justice to the triple layer yellow car, it's a colour that really comes alive in sunlight. take a look at my 458 in the same colour http://www.collinsclan.co.uk/Pages/C...ion/index.html
    Thank you for the link to the pictures, the car does look very nice but the Yellow car looks amazing and totally brings out the colour in the sunshine.

I've asked for a call back so I can discuss with them in more detail and get better pictures sent to me. Then I think it will be a drive down to Manchester to view both cars.

achaddy is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Andy Chadwick

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRS2k View Post
    Thank you for the link to the pictures, the car does look very nice but the Yellow car looks amazing and totally brings out the colour in the sunshine.

I've asked for a call back so I can discuss with them in more detail and get better pictures sent to me. Then I think it will be a drive down to Manchester to view both cars.
    Well if I had the choice of the 2 I would defiantly be looking at the yellow if the same as Marksí. Stunning colour.

Iím surprised Royís car has been there all year. He defiantly said at the 2017 Welsh weekender that stratstone had a buyer willing to pay well above list which was why it was going so quickly. Offer he couldnít refuse. Unless that was all total BS. Although thinking about it, that was early 2017 so could have been sold and sold back in again late 2017. Roy didnít have a 488 for a while I believe and had a Cali T in the interim while waiting for the Green one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike01606 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by achaddy View Post
    Well if I had the choice of the 2 I would defiantly be looking at the yellow if the same as Marksí. Stunning colour.

Iím surprised Royís car has been there all year. He defiantly said at the 2017 Welsh weekender that stratstone had a buyer willing to pay well above list which was why it was going so quickly. Offer he couldnít refuse. Unless that was all total BS. Although thinking about it, that was early 2017 so could have been sold and sold back in again late 2017. Roy didnít have a 488 for a while I believe and had a Cali T in the interim while waiting for the Green one.

Me too but Iím not sure the yellow car is giallo triplo strato. It definitely looks a solid paint in those pics and Iím sure Iíve seen it when Iíve called in for parts.

Anyway ....a nice decision to have. I hope you can do a deal.

Name
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by achaddy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Me too but Iím not sure the yellow car is giallo triplo strato. It definitely looks a solid paint in those pics and Iím sure Iíve seen it when Iíve called in for parts.

Anyway ....a nice decision to have. I hope you can do a deal.
    I've spoken to Dave @ Stratstone's who has kindly sent me some more pictures. The Yellow car is in a 3 layer paint (cost of £15K) and was an Atelier car (not quite sure what that means). I am going down to view them both next week.

Keep the comments coming please regarding options etc. or any other cars as the advice so far has been really helpful.

Name:  Pic 5.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  77.6 KBName:  Pic 7.jpg
Size:  60.9 KBName:  Pic 1.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  63.1 KBName:  Pic 2.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  64.6 KBName:  Pic 9.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  61.9 KBName:  Pic 3.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  58.0 KBName:  Pic 10.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  105.6 KBName:  Pic 1.jpg
Size:  77.3 KBName:  Pic 3.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  70.7 KBName:  Pic 9.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  90.0 KB

Name
    birdseye

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRS2k View Post
    I have been looking at 3 cars in my price bracket and any comments are welcome on these cars if you can please.

This seems to be my preferred car : https://preowned.ferrari.com/en/gb/s...79AMC000218222

The Blue car is stunning but not sure about all that blue interior : https://preowned.ferrari.com/en/gb/s...79AMC000224123

And this car also has a good spec but for some reason Red isn't my preferred choice even though it is 'THE' Ferrari colour : https://preowned.ferrari.com/en/gb/s...79AMC000223932
    FWIW I reckon the blue looks the most distinguished.

A348W is offline Only useful for school runs - The Ferrari 308GT4 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

The triple layer yellow on Markís does looks awesome.

But for me it would be blue; said the guy with a blue 348!!!

Be interring if anybody knows what financial cycle Stratstone are on and if they are ltd/plc etc. I known some dealers are privately owned so do donít have the same ďend of fiscal year targetĒ pressure as others. Only worked once for me on a Bmw, on the 30th March I got 30% of asking on a used car. Just useful info to have to see how hard you can drive them on price / package.

mon the fish is offline Hey look at that Peugot 406! Oh no it's a Ferrari 360 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

I love the 3-layer yellow paint, but that doesn't look like it in the pics. Google giallo triplo strato Ferrari and see what you think - the 3-layer really changes with angle/light, also as per Mark's photo of his 458. It looks obviously metallic, whereas it looks like standard flat paint in those photos, to me anyway.

Atelier means it was custom-specced, beyond the standard options list. Obviously at a cost! Atelier is halfway between the options list, and doing the full Tailor Made option at the factory; it's done at the dealer.

I like the blue, TdF is a great colour and looks very classy and timeless. The yellow calipers lift it just a little as well. Nice choice to have!

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    The triple layer yellow on Markís does looks awesome.

But for me it would be blue; said the guy with a blue 348!!!

Be interring if anybody knows what financial cycle Stratstone are on and if they are ltd/plc etc. I known some dealers are privately owned so do donít have the same ďend of fiscal year targetĒ pressure as others. Only worked once for me on a Bmw, on the 30th March I got 30% of asking on a used car. Just useful info to have to see how hard you can drive them on price / package.

Adrian, they're part of the Evans Halshaw group

Fluffekins is offline Remember the Alamo! Club Member
    Name
    Russell

I'd forego a kidney for either one of those beauties.

I've seen the triple layer yellow in the metal and it is stunning, I particularly love yellow cars, however I think that blue and the interior is fantastic also.

Name
    Mark

The yellow accentuates the wheelarch gap. If the car were lower I may like it more, otherwise I think the blue is more suited. If you buy it do ask them to straighten that Tricolore badge

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast