Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie looking to buy a 488 GTB

Mike01606 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

The blue car is Royís old GTB. There may be some pics on our 2016 Wales weekend.....

Name
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    The blue car is Royís old GTB. There may be some pics on our 2016 Wales weekend.....
    Where can I find the pictures? I don't have access to the Members Area if they are in there

Name
    Carper Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRS2k View Post
    Where can I find the pictures? I don't have access to the Members Area if they are in there
    Assume this is it .... http://www.clubscuderia.co.uk/forum/...ay-2017/page33

Name
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Carper View Post
    Thanks some lovely cars on the trip

jos is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    jos

Default Welcome & good luck with the search

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    I'd encourage you to go and look at the cars in the metal. Many tipos look very different in a given colour in real life than they do on a photo.
    Echoing this I'm not sure the photo of the blue car's interior is very true - I suspect its darker and could be made even darker with black mats

As for a couple of your earlier queries the service pack is all the basic servicing for the first seven years and I seem to recall the extended warranty is about three grand a year but Ferrari Approved should give you two full years even if the original four year (?) warranty runs out (eg possibly 2016 cars)

As an aside you might as well phone around to see if there's any immediate build slots around so you can take delivery early next year of a car to your own spec
    Last edited by jos; 21-11-2018 at 06:19 PM.

swnyradar is offline Only useful for school runs - The Ferrari 308GT4 Club Member
    Name
    Mike

Some answers to your questions:

Is buying from a Ferrari Main Dealer the best option?
    Not necessarily, I look at them all as used car dealers trying to make max. profit, you can find loads of stories of people having bought Ferrari approved with a supposed 100 + point check only to find any number of problems after purchase. The plus side is they are likely to be far more accommodating for any remedial works required

Does the 7 year service plan cover Full and Interim services?
    Pretty sure it does

Is an extended Warranty essential ting forward and what is the cost?
    As stated above around £3k. The major benefit to the 4th & 5th year extensions is they are the are a full manufacturers warranty which covers everything as opposed to the 'Power' warranty from year 6 onward which does not.

Are any colours harder to re sell in the future?
    Buy the colour you want! It's your dream car. (someone else will always want the same colour when you come to sell (within reason)

How mileage sensitive are Ferrari 488's? I will probably do 2-3k miles a year.
    All newish Ferraris are, but think 2-3k is sensible

What options are essential and what are desirable?
    The ones you like best / want. As above it's your dream car

Do all 488's come with Cruise, Sat Nav, Rain Sensor Wipers and Rear Parking Sensors -
    Don't think so but likely optioned on most

I have been looking at 3 cars in my price bracket and any comments are welcome on these cars if you can please.

This seems to be my preferred car : https://preowned.ferrari.com/en/gb/s...79AMC000218222

The Blue car is stunning but not sure about all that blue interior : https://preowned.ferrari.com/en/gb/s...79AMC000224123

And this car also has a good spec but for some reason Red isn't my preferred choice even though it is 'THE' Ferrari colour : https://preowned.ferrari.com/en/gb/s...79AMC000223932
    The Blue car has been seen by some of us during a weekend trip in the cars, and I think the interior looks very nice in person. Lots of carbon speced on the car also. Assuming there hasn't been another owner, it's probably the most lightly driven 488 in existence and unlikely to have ever seen the redline as the original owner has a driving style more suited to a Rolls Royce than a Ferrari

Yellow car looks lovely and also highly speced. I think the lighter colours suit the 488 better as it contrasts the various intakes and the black sections at the rear end better. Only thing I would change on that car is black calipers instead of yellow, but that's not the end of the world and a caliper colour change could be done anyway.
    Marks 458 Spider pictured earlier in the thread has the triple layer paint which is absolutely stunning (and expensive) - this one looks to be standard Giallo Modena but still very nice. *EDIT - checked the ad again - this car may well be the triple layer as its down as 'Extracampionario-not Standard'*

I think you've chosen two total extremes of colour, the blue car is a subtle as a Ferrari can get, the yellow car not!

Got to be worth a visit to Stratsone to see both.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by swnyradar; 21-11-2018 at 09:01 PM.

achaddy is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Andy Chadwick

Yep, Roy's old Blue 488 did look nice. Not normally a fan of the blue interior but he had specc'd it quit well with the black top to the dash.

I think Roy did say the car had been sold to a prem footy player after him. Bearing in mind he was asked if he wanted to sell it for a tidy profit, leading him to order the green one.

Mike01606 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by achaddy View Post
    Yep, Roy's old Blue 488 did look nice. Not normally a fan of the blue interior but he had specc'd it quit well with the black top to the dash.

I think Roy did say the car had been sold to a prem footy player after him. Bearing in mind he was asked if he wanted to sell it for a tidy profit, leading him to order the green one.
    I thought the interior was really tasteful and darker than it looks in the pics.
    Itís been at Stratstoneís all year and was either £206 or £208k earlier in the year. I donít think itís had an owner since Roy but Stratstoneís would confirm.

Name
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    I thought the interior was really tasteful and darker than it looks in the pics.
    Itís been at Stratstoneís all year and was either £206 or £208k earlier in the year. I donít think itís had an owner since Roy but Stratstoneís would confirm.
    So if it has been sat there all year is that a sign that it is overpriced or a spec/colour that is a struggle to sell now and in the future?

Iím going to arrange to visit Stratstonw to see it.

I appreciate it is a high specification car and was listed higher but would I still be looking as a cash buyer to reduce my offer to £185-190k for a car sat in stock for a long time!!

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

So if it has been sat there all year is that a sign that it is overpriced or a spec/colour that is a struggle to sell now and in the future?

Iím going to arrange to visit Stratstonw to see it.

I appreciate it is a high specification car and was listed higher but would I still be looking as a cash buyer to reduce my offer to £185-190k for a car sat in stock for a long time!!

Stratstone group are notorious for stating they don't discount but they will if pushed, definitely worth negotiating. On an earlier point cruise, sensors and nav would all have been options

for pics of the blue car there's some on my site http://www.collinsclan.co.uk/Pages/C...d17/index.html

Lastly their pics don't do justice to the triple layer yellow car, it's a colour that really comes alive in sunlight. take a look at my 458 in the same colour http://www.collinsclan.co.uk/Pages/C...ion/index.html

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast