Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie looking to buy a 488 GTB

Name
    Martin

Default Newbie looking to buy a 488 GTB

Hello, I've just joined up and I am looking for some advice please. I am a long time Porsche owner and I am about to sell my 991.2 GT3 Touring that is 8 months old back to my supplying dealer. The time has arrived for me to get a Ferrari and I want a 488

I am looking at the Coupe model and will be buying a used car (probably around the £190-£200k price point)

Ideally I want a Yellow, White or Blue car with Nero interior but I guess that I will buy on condition and specification rather than colour.

Essential options on the car are : Racing Seats (ideally with coloured stitching), Scuderia Shields, Carbon Steering Wheel with LED, some interior carbon

Some questions if I may ask the knowledgeable people of the forum

Is buying from a Ferrari Main Dealer the best option?
    Does the 7 year service plan cover Full and Interim services?
    Is an extended Warranty essential ting forward and what is the cost?
    Are any colours harder to re sell in the future?
    How mileage sensitive are Ferrari 488's? I will probably do 2-3k miles a year
    What options are essential and what are desirable?
    Do all 488's come with Cruise, Sat Nav, Rain Sensor Wipers and Rear Parking Sensors

Thanks in advance

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Nos

Welcome to CS, Martin.

I'll let some owners of newer cars answer some of your questions but regarding resale I'd think most normal colours will sell ok when the time comes, as long as it's not too individual (pink, lime green etc) I'd think you'll find there's a market for it. There are several (including on this forum) that are from the 'anything but red' brigade, in the hope that having a black or yellow Ferrari is less flash and 'show-off' than a red one but frankly if you're driving round in a 488 it's going to look flash no matter what the colour. When it comes to resale there's a reason red is referred to as 'resale red' in Ferrari circles - red cars tend to hold a slight premium in most tipos and sell slightly more easily, particularly with the V8s. Ask any dealer and they'll tell you the same.

Good luck with the search and keep us all posted on how it goes

Name
    Martin

Here are 3 cars that all seem to have a good range of options and fall into my price bracket. I've not visited a Ferrari Dealer yet as I want the money in my hand before I start test driving cars and haggling for a deal.

This one so far is my preferred car : https://preowned.ferrari.com/en/gb/s...79AMC000218222

Closely followed by this one but not sure about all that Blue : https://preowned.ferrari.com/en/gb/s...79AMC000224123

And then this one : https://preowned.ferrari.com/en/gb/s...79AMC000223932

Any opinions greatly appreciated on these or possibly other cars for sale.

One other question. Is now the best time to buy as the market is very quiet for all brands of Supercar or will things get even quieter in the coming 4-6 weeks?

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Some colours are marmite options where a few will think its the best ever thing .......... but you might struggle to sell on. I think the V8's can get away with red/silver/black ?? I would steer clear of Yellow, just look around at whats for sale, there is a reason why you see so few yellow cars.

Mike01606 is online now Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post
    Some colours are marmite options where a few will think its the best ever thing .......... but you might struggle to sell on. I think the V8's can get away with red/silver/black ?? I would steer clear of Yellow, just look around at whats for sale, there is a reason why you see so few yellow cars.
    Welcome.....

Noooooo.. ...Yellow is mega on the new cars.

As above red is the resale colour but that is changing.

Have Stratstone’s still got Roy’s blue 488 GTB? That was a lovely car with a big spec and not exactly thrashed.

Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    ..Yellow is mega on the new cars.

I also personally like yellow on most modern V8 Ferraris.

Regarding 'resale red', I'd suggest it's toning down a bit in terms of the easiest to sell rather than really changing - there's still a much bigger market for red Ferraris than for any other single colour and I think that'll always be the case. All other colours added together may come close, I'll grant, but if you had to choose any single colour that would give you the widest 'audience' when it comes to sale time that would still be red by quite a margin.

Regarding the blue, I know you don't want to go and haggle before you have the cash in your hand but I'd encourage you to go and look at the cars in the metal. Many tipos look very different in a given colour in real life than they do on a photo. I think it's down to certain lines and curves being picked up more or less in a given colour.

A348W is offline My pants are filled with custard Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Welcome.....

Noooooo.. ...Yellow is mega on the new cars.

Have Stratstone’s still got Roy’s blue 488 GTB? That was a lovely car with a big spec and not exactly thrashed.
    Wasn't his green one after the blue? Loads of pics around of the green one and looked stunning in the flesh.

I think somebody might be on here soon to defend the yellow corner

Personally, I'd buy the colour you like. But if you are that worried about resale go red.

Enjoy your search and remember "we" like pictures

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post

I think somebody might be on here soon to defend the yellow corner
    I'll just leave this here
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by F355GTS View Post
    I'll just leave this here
    That works

Odd as it may sound (but then I say a lot of odd things.....) I think yellow works better on the 360 not quite my thing on the 430, works well on the 458 but not quite as well on the 488 I saw. 348 and 355 I see it the other way round - nicer on the 355 than on the 348 imo. I think it's down to the designs - the more aggressive more angular looking car of each pair doesn't suit the yellow quite as well as the more subtly styled, 'flowing' design of their nearest siblings. Just the way I see it when viewed in the metal.

Name
    Martin

I have been looking at 3 cars in my price bracket and any comments are welcome on these cars if you can please.

This seems to be my preferred car : https://preowned.ferrari.com/en/gb/s...79AMC000218222

The Blue car is stunning but not sure about all that blue interior : https://preowned.ferrari.com/en/gb/s...79AMC000224123

And this car also has a good spec but for some reason Red isn't my preferred choice even though it is 'THE' Ferrari colour : https://preowned.ferrari.com/en/gb/s...79AMC000223932

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast