Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: spares availability for older V8 models

mon the fish is offline Hey look at that Peugot 406! Oh no it's a Ferrari 360 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

^^^ as above - the modern cars (say Montezemolo onwards) have been made in such numbers that there will always be someone willing to step in to source/manufacture/repair parts - simple supply and demand.

It's the parts for the cars made in the hundreds as Francis has alluded to that will be the problem

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post
    ^^^ as above - the modern cars (say Montezemolo onwards) have been made in such numbers that there will always be someone willing to step in to source/manufacture/repair parts - simple supply and demand.

It's the parts for the cars made in the hundreds as Francis has alluded to that will be the problem
    Doesn't appear to be a problem with the cars just prior to LdM, mate. Companies like Hill Engineering, MDC and the one in the States I can't remember the name of seem to be bringing out parts to cover them. By the time you get to the cars made in the hundreds they are so expensive it becomes financially viable to get the parts made individually.... expensive but viable.

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    Doesn't appear to be a problem with the cars just prior to LdM, mate. Companies like Hill Engineering, MDC and the one in the States I can't remember the name of seem to be bringing out parts to cover them. By the time you get to the cars made in the hundreds they are so expensive it becomes financially viable to get the parts made individually.... expensive but viable.
    Pretty much correct Pete - but try finding some running lights for your 348

You are right about the value of the cars made in hundreds making it worthwhile having individual parts made, though increasingly they are being produced in small batches by the likes of GTO Engineering.

Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by francisn View Post
    Pretty much correct Pete - but try finding some running lights for your 348

You are right about the value of the cars made in hundreds making it worthwhile having individual parts made, though increasingly they are being produced in small batches by the likes of GTO Engineering.
    Do you want the whole light or just the lense? It's normally the lense that get's chipped as it's so low down. if so:

http://www.superformance.co.uk/348/lights.html

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Do you want the whole light or just the lense? It's normally the lense that get's chipped as it's so low down. if so:

http://www.superformance.co.uk/348/lights.html
    Ah - that must be a fairly recent addition top their catalogue as I know a couple of years ago it was a big problem.

Name
    Nos

Ah - that must be a fairly recent addition top their catalogue as I know a couple of years ago it was a big problem.
    It was as they are so low down, hence people fitting clear covers just to be safe. Like most things and as has been said, a company stepped in to cater for the need. Sort of makes the point to the OP though I think

Name
    Francis Newman

It was as they are so low down, hence people fitting clear covers just to be safe. Like most things and as has been said, a company stepped in to cater for the need. Sort of makes the point to the OP though I think
    Indeed- I do keep on suggesting required items to Superformance and they are pretty receptive but there is still some way to go. Hopefully now that GT4s are more sought after they might make me happy!

5" headlight bowls, rear light cluster surrounds and correct weave boot carpets would make my day :-)

Name
    Nos

Indeed- I do keep on suggesting required items to Superformance and they are pretty receptive but there is still some way to go. Hopefully now that GT4s are more sought after they might make me happy!

5" headlight bowls, rear light cluster surrounds and correct weave boot carpets would make my day :-)
    In '348 land' we're quite well looked after as several of the places who do the parts (Mad Dog clutches, Ricambi in the US, Sticky RX, think Hills but not sure?) are run by guys who used to have 348s or 355s and the 348 diy 'Brotherhood' is pretty well established, especially in the US. You can normally find what you need if you know where to look and who to ask. Sure you GT4 enthusiasts will follow suit
    Last edited by Nosevi; 13-11-2018 at 05:51 PM.

Name
    Francis Newman

In '348 land' we're quite well looked after as several of the places who do the parts (Mad Dog clutches, Ricambi in the US, Sticky RX, think Hills but not sure?) are run by guys who used to have 348s or 355s and the 348 diy 'Brotherhood' is pretty well established, especially in the US. You can normally find what you need if you know where to look and who to ask. Sure you GT4 enthusiasts will follow suit
    There's a pretty good sticky thread on parts in the 308 section on Fchat plus quite a few active GT4 posters so we do try

Name
    Nos

There's a pretty good sticky thread on parts in the 308 section on Fchat plus quite a few active GT4 posters so we do try

Over in the US the 348 crowd have servicing BBQs - everyone pitches up with their car, few beers and burgers and they service the cars all together with more knowledgeable owners helping the newbies. sounds like a good way of doing it. That's really where the core of our knowledge base is although there's obviously the likes of Nick over this side of the pond if you get stuck.

Point to the OP is there's masses of help out there for many of the slightly older models and parts really aren't the problem you're envisioning. At least they haven't been in my experience.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast