Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: coming back - but what model?

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Nos

To the OP, I'll slightly echo what Mark has said - don't listen to what other, quite often ill-informed individuals say, go out and try any and all models you're interested in. I was warned off the tipo I eventually bought but when I went to drive one I found the criticism I had heard was quite frankly utter bollocks. Oddly, pretty much every road tester and magazine who now drives one seems to agree.

I'd be tempted to try a 328 if ongoing costs might ruin the ownership experience of a newer model for you (ownership costs of the more modern cars is only going to go one way in the years to come). If classic just isn't your thing I'd go for a Cali. They seem to me to be a perfect, useable little 2+2 with a lot going for them. Practical yet every bit as quick as you could want or need on the road.

Name
    ian

My 360 manual is quite good fun, prefer th 550 though,( but not as much fun as the 348ts) !!
    Manual gears make you concentrate and think about driving i feel...making it a more rewarding experience .. just my opinion

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshirelad View Post
    ( but not as much fun as the 348ts) !!
    Told you you'd regret selling her.....

Probably not, but they are a blast to drive. I found the 328 fun too, just with less poke and less precise as far as steering feedback was concerned.

Carlo348 is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Carl

There's a lot to be said for the California, Marks pointed out how good these are and I would agree. They're a step beyond the 430, and easier to live with. They may not have the supercar looks of the 458 or 430, but they'll leave a 430 in it's rear mirror on a track...totally understated. Each to their own though. No such thing as a bad Ferrari

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    A 348 is like Marmite, you love it or hate it. Boy do I love it!

dave964 is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Dave

Had my 360 for 5 years, and still think it's a fabulous car. It still (literally) puts a smile on my face after a blast down a twisty road, even if I was in a bad mood to start with.

Regarding build quality and reliability - I think the 360 has been the most reliable of the four cars I own (Cayenne, Alfa Spider and Aston Vantage). In fact, if you want to upset some Aston owners when you need another expensive part, tell them that you think your Ferrari is much cheaper to run on an annual basis........ that didn't go well.

I have to struggle to think of a time when my 360 has had something fail - it's very infrequent. But of course, keeping it in shape still costs money. I was warned at the last service that I will probably need ball joints again soon - which will be the second time in my ownership. Having said that, I've done both days of the supercar weekend every year I've owned the 360 so that probably increases the wear a tad.

I frequently think I should sell it - I spend too much on cars, and these days it doesn't get used very often. But I've still got it!

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

I love my 360. I wanted an F355 and bought one. This is just better. It's manual, though I would prefer F1,

California, F430 or 360. Buy the one you like Everybody has opinions on cars but only you own your car/s.

Name
    birdseye

Quote Originally Posted by F355GTS View Post
    Sorry if you think I'm being blunt but here you go again reading forums and building a picture in your own mind rather than looking at the facts!!.

All the 'it's a girls car', 'it's not a sports car', 'it's not a Ferrari' comments are just bollocks yet you choose to believe them and create a negative story in this case resale value

The reality is Cali's residuals have been astonishingly good - a good sensible mileage gen 1 is still 90k+ from a reputable source, this it the price they were in 2012/13 for 2009/10 car and represents a depreciation curve that most manufacturers would love to have.

If as you suggest the California is the best choice to suit your lifestyle then just go and buy one or you'll die before you ever make a decision let alone enjoy one

Of course I'm reading forums - you're writing on them!. But the price things for the Cali is common sense rather than forums. The 348 is a perfectly good car but fetches quite a bit less than either 328 or 355, and the reason is that it has been criticised in the past as not one of the best cars Ferrari has made. You might or might not argue with that description, but it has affected resale values. And the Cali has had the same sort of criticism.

Just curiosity this but do you know what the price of a new Cali was in 2009 when introduced and what the then price of a new 430 was. I wonder which has gone down the most.

As I said , its head and heart. I love the feel of the mid engined cars. The go-cart bit. Cant get the dog in one, older and less reliable, but the 360 is still the car that appeals most since I have had a 430 and cant afford a 458 spider.

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Of course I'm reading forums - you're writing on them!. But the price things for the Cali is common sense rather than forums. The 348 is a perfectly good car but fetches quite a bit less than either 328 or 355, and the reason is that it has been criticised in the past as not one of the best cars Ferrari has made. You might or might not argue with that description, but it has affected resale values. And the Cali has had the same sort of criticism.

Just curiosity this but do you know what the price of a new Cali was in 2009 when introduced and what the then price of a new 430 was. I wonder which has gone down the most.

As I said , its head and heart. I love the feel of the mid engined cars. The go-cart bit. Cant get the dog in one, older and less reliable, but the 360 is still the car that appeals most since I have had a 430 and cant afford a 458 spider.

430 F1 Spider list in 2009 was 129,591.49, California was 121,587.23 difference about 8k (Ferrari May 2009 Price list)

Current price for a 20k+/- 2009 car - 430 93,990, California 88,800 difference about 5k (prices from PH)

The above suggests the 430 has depreciated a little more than the California not accounting for spec differences

A348W is offline Only useful for school runs - The Ferrari 308GT4 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Hearts and minds is tough.

But the acid test is...if you were sat in the Cali and a 360/430 pulled up next to you would you be jelous...at all?

Now, as with your new sofa...go and buy one now so you will have it in time for Xmas

Name
    birdseye

The search starts seriously on Friday when the F type goes.

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    Hearts and minds is tough.

But the acid test is...if you were sat in the Cali and a 360/430 pulled up next to you would you be jelous...at all? :
    Yes - thats the "heart" bit. SWMBO wants a Cali. So do the grandkids. And (likely) so does the dog.
    Last edited by birdseye; 10-11-2018 at 02:43 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast