Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Really sad day and decision

mon the fish is offline Hey look at that Peugot 406! Oh no it's a Ferrari 360 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

I showed my new girlfriend my car costs spreadsheet of all 4 cars - she just laughed and shook her head. Better reaction than I used to get from the wife

456gtman is offline I don't use deodorant Club Member
    Name
    andy

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    And so it begins - the rationale for the wife as to why, 3 years from now, you still have the car you promised to sell. Just price it massively above market value, Andy, that should ensure there's no danger anyone will take her away from you
    "there's no danger anyone will take her away from you"...............wife or car Pete?

To be fair, my wife has never once questioned anything spent on the car, though I'm sure she's mentally converting every grand spent into shoe replacement quantities

Over the years of my ownership I point blank refused to ever record (spreadsheet or otherwise) how much I have spent on the car, but if I was to guestimate it (and no I still won't sit down and calculate, as I still don't see the point), all in it would be north of £150K with fuel, tyres, service and repairs.... but who cares? Certainly not me! No matter what the total cost may be, it has all been worthwhile, and I have driven more miles in a Ferrari than most people would ever dream of, had some fantastic experiences, met some great people (and some ******* to be fair) and if I had to start from scratch would do it all again, no changes, no garage queening for me. A someone else (cant remember who now) used to say..Drive it, f**k it, fix it, drive it. Think I can safely say Done that

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Nos

And was obviously only kidding re pricing her (the car - not sure what the market value for a wife is these days - I’m guessing there’s a broad range across the market ..... ) above market value so she never sells........ although I have seen it done before.

Name
    andy

Default all packed and ready to go

So, yesterday morning was possibly the last time I will ever drive L351WOW. All the paperwork boxed and filed, everything checked and present in the original toolkit, both indoor and outdoor covers put into boot, both sets of keys and fobs, car cleaned and delivered to Brightwells. The end of an era but then it is also the start of the next chapter.
    If it sells then I hope that the next owner really looks after this car and gets as much enjoyment, pleasure and excitement as I have had in the 15 years that I have had the privilege of being the owner. if it doesn't then I wont be worried as I will still own a truly great car, an will then probably look at storing it in Spain ready for when we move there...........so yesterday may turn out not to be my last drive after all
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by 456gtman; 25-11-2018 at 12:45 PM. Reason: crap typing again

mbwoy84 is offline Del Boy's Reliant Robin Club Member
    Name
    Mike

I saw this in the flesh yesterday, was a stunning car.

Name
    andy

Quote Originally Posted by mbwoy84 View Post
    I saw this in the flesh yesterday, was a stunning car.
    Thanks for that. It really is a great car.
    So the final update. Car was sold at Brightwells and now belongs to its new owner. I sincerely hope that he gets the best experience possible in his Ferrari ownership, and that the noise of that Tubi thrills and excites him like it did for me. Here's a toast to the new owner racking up may thousands of miles and smiles. I shall really miss this car, its been such a big part of my life for so many years, now it is going to be a big part of someone elses life and I wish them every success and happiness in the future.
    It won't be the end of me on here, I will still drop in for my little F fix every now and then

Mike01606 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Someone got a great deal there.....

With the space to park it I might have bought it myself

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Quote Originally Posted by 456gtman View Post
    Thanks for that. It really is a great car.
    So the final update. Car was sold at Brightwells and now belongs to its new owner. I sincerely hope that he gets the best experience possible in his Ferrari ownership, and that the noise of that Tubi thrills and excites him like it did for me. Here's a toast to the new owner racking up may thousands of miles and smiles. I shall really miss this car, its been such a big part of my life for so many years, now it is going to be a big part of someone elses life and I wish them every success and happiness in the future.
    It won't be the end of me on here, I will still drop in for my little F fix every now and then
    The end of an epic story, unless the new owner comes on here to keep the story going

Thank you Andy for all you have contributed on here, it has been fascinating.

I can't imaging saying goodbye to my GT4, even though I've only owned it for 5 years. Probably will have to happen one day when I can't drive any more

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

I think I'm happy for you
    Stay around. I'm guessing another one is not planned? I struggle with the idea of not having one but one day I will have no choice. I doubt very much I will afford it when I eventually retire.
    I'll replace it with a zimmer frame

Name
    andy

Quote Originally Posted by MalcH View Post
    I think I'm happy for you
    Stay around. I'm guessing another one is not planned? I struggle with the idea of not having one but one day I will have no choice. I doubt very much I will afford it when I eventually retire.
    I'll replace it with a zimmer frame
    I'll still be lurking around, don't get rid of me that easily. No plans for another but who knows, that may change if I start pining again.
    Thought the 360 was a zimmer frame anyway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12