Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really sad day and decision

456gtman is offline I don't use deodorant Club Member
    Name
    andy

Default Really sad day and decision

So, as a lot of people are aware, I have put my heart and soul into rebuilding my 456GT, and the results are astonishing. When we decided to do this, it was not as a result of any financial interest or ďinvestmentĒ but because we genuinely believed it was the right thing to do. Roll on 12 months since we took the decision and our circumstances have changed dramatically. My wife and I have decided, for a number of reasons, that we will shortly split our time between living in the UK and Barcelona. This has meant that we did a lot of soul searching and we will need to relocate from where we live currently to a more central location around warwickshire, but donít want to tie ourselves down to house hunting and double garages etc, similarly in Spain. Herein lies the heart break. We have decided that we simply donít want the next 3 years to be stressed with cars, issues, storage etc and so we are letting them all go.
    the Ferrari is now going to go up at Brightwells November sale . I simply canít stand by and watch it gather dust in storage and it needs to be used. Any new owner will get a totally rebuilt car, and if they get even 10% of the fun I have had out of it, they will never ever stop smiling.
    This is a very sad day for me, but our quality of life will always take precedence over any car, so that is why the Range Rover and Porsche will also go as we simply wonít need them.
    Absolutely gutted but absolutely the right decision, no regrets whatsoever, my experiences with the world of Ferrari can never be taken away from me👍

Nosevi is online now There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Nos

Absolutely and probably a very wise decision. Having had such a great time with your car and having such great memories wouldnít it be a shame if it became a Ďbindí and you started to resent it in some way. Far better to walk away now imo.

Very much hope the sale goes well. Market has been particularly slow for some time so donít be surprised if a sale takes a while. Good cars at a sensible price will always sell eventually though so sure it will

Name
    andy

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    Absolutely and probably a very wise decision. Having had such a great time with your car and having such great memories wouldnít it be a shame if it became a Ďbindí and you started to resent it in some way. Far better to walk away now imo.

Very much hope the sale goes well. Market has been particularly slow for some time so donít be surprised if a sale takes a while. Good cars at a sensible price will always sell eventually though so sure it will
    Hi Pete
    Couldnt agree more. At the end of the day I donít have to sell my car, it pains me to even think about it, itís been such a big part of my life for so long itís almost like selling part of you soul, but life goes on

Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by 456gtman View Post
    Hi Pete
    Couldnt agree more. At the end of the day I donít have to sell my car, it pains me to even think about it, itís been such a big part of my life for so long itís almost like selling part of you soul, but life goes on
    It does. Looking back on her with fond memories still probably beats ending up wishing you had sold her though. Hard at the time but if it gives you the freedom to do what you want I think itíll be the right call.

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Hi Pete
    Andy, you and Lee were both the first people I met (it was Fchat then) at Oulton Park from the Ferrari scene. You had the 456 then (I think it was late 2004) and I remember drooling over it.
    I imagine it hasn't been the easiest decision to make. Good luck with the sale and what you do in life.

Personally I have always said when it is time to leave my Ferrari behind all this will probably stop. I am currently not good with the idea of being without one even though I plan to buy either a Ford Mustang or Aston come retirement, I will miss Ferrari. Anyway that isn't today or even next year.

I still owe you a friggin cup of coffee. 14 years in debt to you

Name
    andy

Quote Originally Posted by MalcH View Post
    Andy, you and Lee were both the first people I met (it was Fchat then) at Oulton Park from the Ferrari scene. You had the 456 then (I think it was late 2004) and I remember drooling over it.
    I imagine it hasn't been the easiest decision to make. Good luck with the sale and what you do in life.

Personally I have always said when it is time to leave my Ferrari behind all this will probably stop. I am currently not good with the idea of being without one even though I plan to buy either a Ford Mustang or Aston come retirement, I will miss Ferrari. Anyway that isn't today or even next year.

I still owe you a friggin cup of coffee. 14 years in debt to you
    Hey Malc
    remember the day very well . Yes, you are quite right, you were lucky enough to meet me and LeeP , though after that you should have been running for the hills as fast as possible
    With inflation I now think one cup of coffee has now turned into 1 night out at a fine dining restaurant but I won't hold it against you (much)
    Whilst I might be selling the car, I am not sure in the current market it will sell (and its no big deal to me either way as I don't need to sell it, I don't need the money for anything else on the horizon specifically), so you never know, you might be unfortunate to see me again next year at some point, in which case I will physically drag you to the buttie van
    Take care mate
    Andy

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

You too.
    I'm off to India on Tuesday. I am coming back though.

Name
    Nos

Whilst I might be selling the car, I am not sure in the current market it will sell (and its no big deal to me either way as I don't need to sell it, I don't need the money for anything else on the horizon specifically)
    And so it begins - the rationale for the wife as to why, 3 years from now, you still have the car you promised to sell. Just price it massively above market value, Andy, that should ensure there's no danger anyone will take her away from you

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    And so it begins - the rationale for the wife as to why, 3 years from now, you still have the car you promised to sell. Just price it massively above market value, Andy, that should ensure there's no danger anyone will take her away from you
    Great thread and well done Andy.

I am very lucky. My wife knows my 308GT4 costs money. She knows I love the car and how much it means to me (and secretly she loves it too) and has never once asked "how much" when I have had to have things done, yet still asks if I agree to spend money on new curtains! (not that she would let me say no!) Love her. Happily married for 45 years.

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

I just ban the finance department from the garage ...... I got a new mountain bike that cost thousands and she didnt notice when we were out on our bikes, and about 2 years later she said "is that a new bike" !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast