Thread: F430 or 599 GTB

Name
    Dave McGuire

Default F430 or 599 GTB

Dear all, I am thinking of buying either one of the subject cars, I have been to look at both of them and they are both fantastic and am in a real dilemma of which one(I know it's a tough life) as I like both of them. I would like some advice from those that have had either or both of them as to the good and the bad in either, I am aware of the problems with the 430 headers but would have that checked before purchasing. The question is purely from the ownership side and not anything to do with the running costs. Thanks beforehand.
    Dave

Name
    jonnyjonkers

Nice choice - I know someone who has one of each but we can't all stretch to that.

I'm pleased with my 2009 F430 Spider F1, owned now for a year. It's my 4th Ferrari (328 GTS, 355 GTS, 550 Maranello) and it's my favourite; it looks, sounds & goes like you'd imagine a Ferrari would. At this price point I'd certainly recommend one, and I can't imagine you'd lose much in depreciation if that's a concern. Personally, I wouldn't pay the premium for a manual gearbox, but then I haven't driven one and I still own the Maranello which is manual of course.

I'd love a 599 GTB. I'd go for black with cream interior because that's the first one I ever saw and it looked gorgeous. They are hugely impressive, seriously quick and can drink fuel at George Best's best rate apparently. I've not owned one so take all that with a pinch of salt!

Draw up a list of Pro's & Con's, think about how you will use it and make your choice. Either way I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Name
    Dave McGuire

Thanks Jonny, will be my fourth so similar to you 328GTS, 355GTS F1, 360 Manual I am happy to have the F1 as my 355 had it and loved it. The 430 is a spider in red cream interior and red stitching and F1, the 599 is black with Bordeaux interior similar prices 94K and 115K respectively. Never had a V12 so it's something to think about.

mon the fish is offline Hey look at that Peugot 406! Oh no it's a Ferrari 360 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

If you've never had a V12 then the 599 is the one to go far IMO, get that box ticked - especially as it's the Enzo V12

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Name
    Dave McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post
    If you've never had a V12 then the 599 is the one to go far IMO, get that box ticked - especially as it's the Enzo V12

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Thanks Gordon.