Thread: 348 hot start kit

Name
    Allan Fisher

Default Battery

Across the battery when running would normally be around 14v

irarref is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Jeff

You could always get yourself one of those testers like below with a cigarette lighter socket so its convenient to use even when driving etc

You can get these cheaper off ebay etc but just an example of one with a digital readout and a reasonable make

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sealey-AK50...ernator+tester

Name
    Ben

Ok had the alternator refurbed and im now getting 14.3 instead of 12.2. Hopefully thats solved the orginal issue.

Now just need to get the car out of limp mode, tried doing an ecu test however my car doesnt have the test button so had to order one of those!

Name
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by ben111 View Post
    Ok had the alternator refurbed and im now getting 14.3 instead of 12.2. Hopefully thats solved the orginal issue.

Now just need to get the car out of limp mode, tried doing an ecu test however my car doesnt have the test button so had to order one of those!
    On the 355 if you disconnect the battery for a few minutes, the ecu will relearn itís settings on the next startup. I believe the 348 is probably the same.
    Turn everything off and allow to warm up fully on tickover without any load on the engine.

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by Ian355 View Post
    On the 355 if you disconnect the battery for a few minutes, the ecu will relearn itís settings on the next startup. I believe the 348 is probably the same.
    Turn everything off and allow to warm up fully on tickover without any load on the engine.
    It is the same with the 348 Allow the fans to kick in twice without touching the throttle or any electrics to ensure itís completed a complete heat cycle.

Name
    Ben

I tried that today, left it idling for 10 minutes without touching the throttle, although i did press the window down button, didnt realise you couldnt touch tbe electrics so will try again.

Im assuming the kill switch will suffice or do i need to physically disconnect the battery? Which brings me to my next question, i use the kill switch everytime i leave the car, is this a bad idea as far as the ECU or anything else is concerned?

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Nos

I tried that today, left it idling for 10 minutes without touching the throttle, although i did press the window down button, didnt realise you couldnt touch tbe electrics so will try again.

Im assuming the kill switch will suffice or do i need to physically disconnect the battery? Which brings me to my next question, i use the kill switch everytime i leave the car, is this a bad idea as far as the ECU or anything else is concerned?
    Yep, you need to not touch any electrics at all.

Re the kill switch - yes, bad idea to switch off every time especially if you have any form of modifications (sports exhaust/cats, high flow filters etc) or youíll have to do a relearn every time you start the car. Much better to keep the car plugged in to a battery tender.

Name
    Ben

Had the car idling for a good 15/20 minutes with no pressing anything and doesnt appear to have helped.

Also i realised today that with no key in the ignition the stereo and cig lighter are still drawing power so i have to use the kill switch otherwise it would drain the battery, any idea why this is?

Mike01606 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Had the car idling for a good 15/20 minutes with no pressing anything and doesnt appear to have helped.

Also i realised today that with no key in the ignition the stereo and cig lighter are still drawing power so i have to use the kill switch otherwise it would drain the battery, any idea why this is?
    Cig lighter will only pull power if something is plugged in it.

Stereo needs power to hold the memory and if applicable security code.

The 360 is no different in either respect. Iím new to the thread but new battery? As it should maintain the stereo for months.

Pangea is offline I mince along like a girl Club Member
    Name
    Nick

What do you mean by limp home mode? Have you lost a bank of cylinders?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast