Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 'CS Weekender' tour dates & Locations

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

I might sound unkind, but I think the next tours should include mandatory use of a sat nav device that can accept a down load of the whole route from the likes of tyre. (Or a passenger who can mapread for them) This would mean no one could get lost so one less thing for organiser to worry about.

Yes the route should have a few strategics stops every 45 mins ?? to allow any stragglers/slow drivers/stuck in traffic cases to catch up with the group again, but taking no prisoners and leaving the dead men behind might make it a more enjoyable day for the organiser. You can buy a suitable sat nav for less than the cost of a tank of fuel !! so everyone should be able to do this

p.s You will all get thinking the above when the kids have left home and you retire from work ............. responsibility for anything becomes a pain in the backside

achaddy is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Andy Chadwick

Earlier 7/8th September weekend would be better for us as supposed to be away the later one.

On the sat nav front. I have never used a nav on any of the trips so far and managed. I always have the google directions printed off which to be honest are quite pants but do street view to add detail.
    And a sat nav didnít prevent even the organiser getting it wrong this time with half of the group subsequently getting lost. (Sorry Mark, not meaning to be rude)
    I would be willing to produce detailed route notes where google maps allowed.
    And also happy to assist Adrian in testing routes in south west if that was an option. But I feel that would go down as an extremity and lower the numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Quote Originally Posted by achaddy View Post
    Earlier 7/8th September weekend would be better for us as supposed to be away the later one.

On the sat nav front. I have never used a nav on any of the trips so far and managed. I always have the google directions printed off which to be honest are quite pants but do street view to add detail.
    And a sat nav didn’t prevent even the organiser getting it wrong this time with half of the group subsequently getting lost. (Sorry Mark, not meaning to be rude)
    I would be willing to produce detailed route notes where google maps allowed.
    And also happy to assist Adrian in testing routes in south west if that was an option. But I feel that would go down as an extremity and lower the numbers.

Ah but if they'd trusted their leader and followed it would have been fine

Mike01606 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

So itís mandatory satnavís, maps and blind faith next year

Name
    Mark Collins

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    So itís mandatory satnavís, maps and blind faith next year
    I think that's how it always worked

tbh due to changes along the way a good chance of what we drove had not been recce'd , also what was receded was done by me too far in advance so I'd forgot what some of it looked like causing the 1st very small error on Saturday was entirely my fault not trusting the Sat Nav and the junction 'looked' wrong. The second error was not recee'd and a slight input error in my Nav took us down the 2nd of two possibilities whereas the Google map was the first, still I understand you all like the triangle you found

Name
    Andy Chadwick

Quote Originally Posted by F355GTS View Post
    Ah but if they'd trusted their leader and followed it would have been fine
    Yes, donít know how we lost you on that slight detour. I blame mike d

swnyradar is offline Only useful for school runs - The Ferrari 308GT4 Club Member
    Name
    Mike

I understand you all like the triangle you found
    Aldsworth appeared to be a very old hamlet, but I'm sure they have never seen ~10 Ferrari's on a Merry go round on their triangle, probably renamed now...

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  61.6 KB

Just noticed there was a pub around the corner too

Name
    Mark Collins

Aldsworth??? blimey you were lost

Name
    Andy Chadwick

Aldsworth??? blimey you were lost
    Very nice lady showed us the way though.
    The Lusso did struggle getting round that triangle and Mike totally blocked the road by parking right across it. Someone was recording from their window so could be on u-tube listed as ďproof that nav in Ferrariís is ******.Ē

swnyradar is offline Only useful for school runs - The Ferrari 308GT4 Club Member
    Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by achaddy View Post
    Mike totally blocked the road by parking right across it.
    now now, no need to get personal

Anyhow, was all Mark C's fault

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast