Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Accident - would you take a courtesy car?

Mike01606 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Thatís all very superficial Dave and Iíd be surprised if you need any body parts.....the challenge will be matching that specific paint but looking at the work you had done before when I saw it at the SCE, I think youíre going to the right place

Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Thatís all very superficial Dave and Iíd be surprised if you need any body parts.....the challenge will be matching that specific paint but looking at the work you had done before when I saw it at the SCE, I think youíre going to the right place
    Yep, the damage is relatively light - although the side skirt is pushed in, so I think something is broken (it's not obvious from the photo). Apart from that, I guess the hardest part will be getting the crease out of the wing - but I'm sure they know what they're doing.

Name
    Dave

Told Direct Line this morning that I want the car transported to Riviera. Initially, they said : we only transport if you go to an approved repairer. I answered that their letter does not say that, and it obviously made no sense because if the car was undriveable that would limit my options somewhat.
    They then said that they had a note on file that the car was driveable. I agreed, it is - but the body shop I wish to use is a two hour drive away, and I'm not willing to spend half a day getting there and back for something that was not my fault.

They still seemed unconvinced - so I added that if I had to take the car there then I'd obviously need transport back, therefore I'd appreciate it if they could arrange for the like for like courtesy car to be waiting for me at the body shop, which I will keep for the duration of the repair, and use when I need to collect the car. I believe they offer a similar Ferrari which will cost them £506+vat per day?

After a fairly quick reconsideration, Green Flag will call me to arrange collection....

Mike01606 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

You need the join the Brexit negotiating team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

As above

Name
    Dave

Car was collected 30 minutes ago. That was quick!

Name
    Dave

Update :

Got two texts almost simultaneously - one from Riviera, saying : An engineer is coming to inspect the damage on Tuesday, and one from Direct Line saying : An engineer will be inspecting the car tomorrow (Friday). Hmmm....

Called Direct Line, who confirmed that the inspection is tomorrow.
    Asked why there needed to be an inspection, since I'd initially been told that it could be a desk inspection based on the photos and videos I sent them - and since it was relatively minor damage.
    I was told it was "probably because of the cost".
    I asked - what is the estimate?
    It was ~£2000 (can't remember exact figure)
    I said : Your policyholder drove into the side of a Ferrari, and you're questioning a £2k repair bill???? I'd say you're getting off pretty lightly.
    He agreed - but of course, the inspection will still be tomorrow.

I assume it will be approved - if not, we are likely to fall out.

Name
    Dave

Collected the car on Saturday, but there have been a couple of issues. None with the insurers - didn't have to speak to them again.

Spoke to the bodyshop last week and was told that my battery was flat - surprising, since I gave them the trickle charger with the car. I was told the trickle charger didn't work - yes it does, it's the one I use in my garage.
    Not to worry - we'll charge the battery properly.

Friday - I was told that the battery didn't charge, and they had fitted a new battery - which they'd appreciate if I'd pay trade price for (£50 + vat).

On Saturday, the battery charger was still plugged into the battery - but not plugged in. So I think the battery has been powering the trickle charger.... which probably explains why the original died.

Paintwork was perfect - as I expected - but the new pinafarina badge on the side skirt is not correct. It's clearly a cheap copy - a thin metal front over a foam back, whereas the original is a solid part about 2-3mm thick. A new one was ordered yesterday and will take 2-3 weeks to arrive from Italy apparently.

Seemed to be no ill effects of the battery going flat on the way home. Hopefully, in a few weeks we can sort the badge out and the car will be as good as new....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123