Thread: 360 CS MAF?

Name
    Si

Default 360 CS MAF?

Can a CS maf be used on a Modena to enable a CS style carbon air box to be fitted? Or if it is not could the housing be used and my original sensor used?

achaddy is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Andy Chadwick

I believe although don't quote me on this. But the MAF bodies were bigger and the CS Airbox coupling/exit was also bigger to allow for an increased airflow.

Think 360Trev posted some of this in his CS project.

elt is offline Hairdresser's Mercedes SLK Club Member
    Name
    paul elton

Quote Originally Posted by achaddy View Post
    I believe although don't quote me on this. But the MAF bodies were bigger and the CS Airbox coupling/exit was also bigger to allow for an increased airflow.

Name
    Si

Quote Originally Posted by achaddy View Post

So Andy, when you got your carbon kit did you need a bigger MAF so the air box's would fit?

360trev is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    360trev

You can use CS MAF's in a Modena if you use my Bosch ME7 firmware hacking tool I wrote to allow you to swap a calibration table in the Ignition ECU's to use the correct MAF linearisation data.

Its not trivial though as it requires you to take the ignition ecu's out of the car, backup the software to a file on your laptop and run my tool (available free on github if you need more information let me know) and re-flash them with the updated files...

After this they can be used just fine ;)
    Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
    When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.
    Henry Royce

Name
    Si

Quote Originally Posted by 360trev View Post
    You can use CS MAF's in a Modena if you use my Bosch ME7 firmware hacking tool I wrote to allow you to swap a calibration table in the Ignition ECU's to use the correct MAF linearisation data.

Its not trivial though as it requires you to take the ignition ecu's out of the car, backup the software to a file on your laptop and run my tool (available free on github if you need more information let me know) and re-flash them with the updated files...

After this they can be used just fine ;)
    Thanks Trev, i would like to fit CS carbon air boxes which have the different fastenings on the MAF, don’t want to go to all that trouble though. Is it not possible to refit my Modena sensors back into the new CS MAF housing?

Mike01606 is online now Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Default 360 CS MAF?

To be checked but Id think that the calibration would be out for the 360 sensor in a larger diameter body (It could even be the same sensor in both MAFs anyway). For the same velocity you will be flowing much more air with a CS MAF body.

To work with CS MAFs youd need CS ECU maps or as Trev says the 360 maps altering.

achaddy is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Andy Chadwick

Quote Originally Posted by barabus View Post
    So Andy, when you got your carbon kit did you need a bigger MAF so the air box's would fit?
    The Carbon kit was an option for the standard 360 so the air boxes were made to fit the Modena/Spider MAFs. Straight drop with with no messing about.

Looks like they are no longer available from the Ferrari genuine accessories catalogue and Eurospares lists them as New to Order.

https://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/f...chnology-19397