Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air conditioning fixed after six years not working on my 328

Mike01606 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by achaddy View Post
    Itís given me the incentive to fix the A/C on my 2011 mini which I found out recently doesnít work.
    Booked it in for an air con service at main dealer next to where I work thinking it just needs a recharge. Paid £90 for them to hand me an estimate of £550 to fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cooper D.....Iíll possibly know whatís wrong with that. Probably the same fault as on my daughters...

A348W is online now Only useful for school runs - The Ferrari 308GT4 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by achaddy View Post
    Itís given me the incentive to fix the A/C on my 2011 mini which I found out recently doesnít work.
    Booked it in for an air con service at main dealer next to where I work thinking it just needs a recharge. Paid £90 for them to hand me an estimate of £550 to fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If thatís dick Lovett thatís probably about 3 hours labour and a £10 part. Dick Lovett rates are ludicrous.

Post is excellent, thanks. I have been reading up on my car and it also shares some a/c parts with Saab. My a/c works kind of, so your post has given me the confidence to see what I can do this winter. At the moment I have the 2-60 air conditioning system on full.....Open 2 windows and do 60mph

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    If thatís dick Lovett thatís probably about 3 hours labour and a £10 part. Dick Lovett rates are ludicrous.

Post is excellent, thanks. I have been reading up on my car and it also shares some a/c parts with Saab. My a/c works kind of, so your post has given me the confidence to see what I can do this winter. At the moment I have the 2-60 air conditioning system on full.....Open 2 windows and do 60mph
    When it does work it works surprisingly well. Even on a hot day mine will be too cold on max chat, can only run it on a mid setting or I freeze.

achaddy is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Andy Chadwick

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Cooper D.....Iíll possibly know whatís wrong with that. Probably the same fault as on my daughters...
    condenser leaking apparently.

Quoted £350 for the part. £50-60 for a pattern part off internet. Cars 8 years old so don't want to fit diamond encrusted parts. Only went there because it was convenient.

Their hourly rate is more than I pay at DL Ferrari and that's their supposedly preferential rate for older cars.

Name
    John kerr

Default 308 acservice ports

Quote Originally Posted by milkshaker0007 View Post
    Thanks Pete
    I just thought I'd put the thread on, as there are a lot of 308/328 owners out there
    and the components are very similar but the process is the same.

I always took what the Dealer/indie told me about these systems but just proves DONT believe what they say, a 328/308 WILL give COLD air if it's taken apart piece by piece and throughly cleaned ready for new parts if required and with fresh refrigerant that can circulate
    If anyone wants help on there 328/308 feel free to bend my ear, PM me
    Hi just taken the plunge and bought a 308 GTS (US spec) ac not working, I cant fing where the service ports are can you enlighten me? Taken out the scuttle cover and there are ac components there but no ports!

milkshaker0007 is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    paul

Quote Originally Posted by Johnk View Post
    Hi just taken the plunge and bought a 308 GTS (US spec) ac not working, I cant fing where the service ports are can you enlighten me? Taken out the scuttle cover and there are ac components there but no ports!
    Hi
    They are on the top of the AC Compressor in the engine bay R/H/S. behind your air filter box.
    Hi and low ports for re-gassing
    Pic is not clear but you get the idea, good luck
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12