Thread: 360 Spider roof folding problem

Name
    Rob

Default 360 Spider roof folding problem

Hi all, since picking the car up last year the roof has had the odd occasion when being put down that it has not quite gone into the storage area neatly as it has a few mm of the hood catching on the rear of the storage area.

The car is just back from having all new cables put in which have certainly tightened everything up but when folding away it seems like it is almost folding the fabric at the wrong point. After an initial one week estimate the guys had it for nearly 6 weeks so I have lost a bit of confidence.

I have done a bit of research and watched a few videos and other cars do seem to fold the roof at the same point as mine (albeit the videos are quick so not a scientific observation!). I am assuming it is either the elastics or microswitches but not sure how to diagnose which?

Would anyone have or mind taking a couple of photos of theirs in 2 positions?
    1. As the roof first folds back on itself before the rear wings come up, a view of where along the fabric the roof has folded.
    2. As the roof slots into the storage area but before the cover starts coming over.

Or any other advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Name
    Rob

This has finally been resolved. After new cables it has had a few days at C E Moore trimmers and they have replaced all of the elastics in the roof.

The good news is it works and seems to work well! When up it is all a lot more taught and sits better on the rear deck. When down the cover now sits completely flush.
    The work also comes with a 12 month warranty. Something not even Ferrari offered when new as far as I can work out!

So at the moment am looking forward to more dry sunny weather

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Name
    Mark

Name
    Peter

Well done!
    I also had a problem with my 360 Spider rear screen folding the wrong way and it made 2 indentations in the screen where it pressed against the 2 location notches.
    I also had it repaired at C E Moore and they did a great job. I had it fixed under warranty thanks to Ferrari as I had bought the car from them.

Fluffekins is offline Remember the Alamo! Club Member
    Name
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by PeterDavid911 View Post
    Well done!
    I also had a problem with my 360 Spider rear screen folding the wrong way and it made 2 indentations in the screen where it pressed against the 2 location notches.
    I also had it repaired at C E Moore and they did a great job. I had it fixed under warranty thanks to Ferrari as I had bought the car from them.
    I have this problem on my F430 and was told by Lancaster that the roof is not covered under the warranty!

Name
    Peter

That's correct it's not covered under warranty but mine was like that when I bought it from Ferrari so they had to put it right.

Name
    Mark Wibberley

Well done!
    I have 2 oily marks where mine is rubbing on some part when it goes down - about a inch square, in the centre ? is there a DIY fix do you know ?

Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by MoreThanPolish View Post
    I have 2 oily marks where mine is rubbing on some part when it goes down - about a inch square, in the centre ? is there a DIY fix do you know ?
    Same as what I had. The other thing I noticed was that one side of the rear buttress was slightly baggy and not as taught as the other side.
    The reason for the 2 marks is that the roof is folding the wrong way due to either the elastics or wire cables that will need changing.
    In the meantime when you open the roof carefully use the edge of your hand to ensure the plastic screen folds towards towards the rear of the car and not inward.

Name
    Mark Wibberley

Thank you - its interesting that there is a link between the oily marks and the saggy buttress, as one of mine is definitely in need of a new elastic as its sagging badly - so hopefully that will fix both issues - service time later this month.

At least it does fold the correct way. I hate this time of year when I have to start my niggles list, though I don't try to guess the cost...it is what it is... Having been out for a drive on Saturday, and had huge fun, its worth every penny.

Fluffekins is offline Remember the Alamo! Club Member
    Name
    Russell

That's correct it's not covered under warranty but mine was like that when I bought it from Ferrari so they had to put it right.
    Quite how they get away with this is beyond me. It's an obviously integral part of the car and I'd argue should at least last as long as the official warranty. Would've been nice to have had this pointed out. Oh well....