Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Italy trip

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Quote Originally Posted by F355GTS View Post
    that sounds odd who did you speak to? I've never had them decline indeed it's always been no problem

you could try mailing

Lorenzo Menabue (he's the boss) lorenzo@menabue.com

and

Samantha (sales) samantha.bonicelli@menabue.com

Just to add I've just booked a one way back to the UK with them for August, looks like the price has gone up to 1200 now

Name
    355Chris

I was speaking to Samantha. Perhaps may and June are just very busy? I have only been trying uk to Modena (I would rather that direction, so I can’t start fresh at the beginning). I don’t want to move the date beyond June ideally.

When does the factory shut down for summer? I want to avoid holiday season craziness, so what dates should I avoid?

€1200 is fine.
    Last edited by 355Chris; 10-01-2018 at 05:14 PM.

mon the fish is offline Hey look at that Peugot 406! Oh no it's a Ferrari 360 Club Member
    Name
    Gordon

I think August is the time to avoid for the factory closure. Also the whole of Italy it seems goes on holiday then so gets rather busy.

June definitely the best time to go IMO

Name
    355Chris

We really want to do it June for our first wedding anniversary. Worse case we will just drive the whole way. I just wanted to try and avoid.

Name
    Sean Robinson

I've done a few euro trips in my 355. Last year, we did Northern Italy, so we had a long drive in one day from the ferry at Zeebrugge down to Cernobbio at Lake Como. 620miles - took about 10.5 hours including 3 stops. We were originally going to put the car on the auto train through France and meet it in Nice, but it turned out the car dimensions meant we didn't fit. Since we'd already booked the ferry tickets, I changed the first destination from Nice to Lake Como and bit the bullet with that first day's drive. It was pretty boring for the most part, but Switzerland is quite pretty and I didn't get any hassle from the law anywhere.

We made quite an entrance when we pulled up outside the hotel at just gone 8pm. Harry's bar was next door and we caused a bit of a stir :-)

I've done all the usual passes in the alps and they are great to tick off, but really busy in the high season and not particularly brilliant drivers roads. Great scenery though.

If you get the chance, the SS12 from Pisa/Lucca to Maranello is a gem of a road - especially the first section up to Abetone. Lovely winding road, so you con keep a reasonable pace and enjoy it (unlike the twisties in the alps that are often too slow).

Name
    Mark

I've uploaded a video to provide an impression of what some of the roads are like around Como. There are even tighter ones dotted about off of the 'main' peripheral road

https://youtu.be/FImtcup9RD8

It's not a place I would rush back to in a Ferrari.

Name
    CPD

Agree - an Abarth (Riva Edition) is the weapon of choice for that locale ;-)

mon the fish is offline Hey look at that Peugot 406! Oh no it's a Ferrari 360 Club Member
    Name
    Gordon

Or a JCW Mini [emoji6]

Even in that I wasn't comfortable driving to Bellagio

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MWStewart View Post
    I've uploaded a video to provide an impression of what some of the roads are like around Como. There are even tighter ones dotted about off of the 'main' peripheral road

https://youtu.be/FImtcup9RD8

It's not a place I would rush back to in a Ferrari.
    The road down the Western side of Como can be slow going and narrow in places. On the other side from Lecco to the top of the lake is a lovely drive and much much quieter. We ruled out Bellagio in the 360 after scoping it out with help from the little google street view man.
    Last edited by Kyodo; Yesterday at 03:54 PM.

Name
    Gordon

Hotel Bellagio has secure underground parking, and getting the ferry across from Menaggio/Tremezzo would be a nicer way to arrive

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast