Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: My Argento 360

Mike01606 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by achaddy View Post
    I feel the major problem with that pairing is the rears. Should have opted for the 295/35/18 which I feel would have been a closer match to the rolling radius but probably too wide for the standard wheel, perfect for the 18 inch challenge wheel though.
    Guess those sizes were chosen as original sizes were not available in the PS3s.
    Carbibles has a great calculator for tyre sizing and comparison. https://www.carbibles.com/calculators/

Interestingly the first one is the DOT age code calculator which simply says if your tyres are older than this "Change Them".
    Agreed on the sizes and Iíd have happily paid a lot more if they were correct.
    Heíd ran them on a 348 and sized them to clear the rear arches because of the higher 360 wheel offset.
    They actually drive fine and hook up far better than the PZeros I have on the CH wheels.

The real problem is they donít fill the rear wheel arch....I donít know if you noticed Andy but the CH wheel with the 295/35 18 is noticeably smaller than the OEM tyre but still looks right. These look too small in my eyes.

Iím actually going to replace them after the winter for new rubber in better sizes but the choices are limited.

It was a good but though and the wheels alone are well worth what I paid.....

Name
    Mike M

Name:  IMG_0111.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  64.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0115.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  54.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0113.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  55.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0114.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  61.6 KB

Quite a difference across the three sizes.
    Running the CH wheels the speedo is probably 5% high these would probably be 10%

achaddy is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Andy Chadwick

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Agreed on the sizes and Iíd have happily paid a lot more if they were correct.
    Heíd ran them on a 348 and sized them to clear the rear arches because of the higher 360 wheel offset.
    They actually drive fine and hook up far better than the PZeros I have on the CH wheels.

The real problem is they donít fill the rear wheel arch....I donít know if you noticed Andy but the CH wheel with the 295/35 18 is noticeably smaller than the OEM tyre but still looks right. These look too small in my eyes.
    The 295/35/18 are only 6mm smaller profile and -1.9% overall circumference than the OEM but I always thought the wheels look small anyway in the rear wheel arch. Which is why the CS height setting looks better as the wheel appears to fill the arch better.

I ran 360 wheels on my 348 but can't remember what sizes I fitted. Got a feeling it was 285/35 rear and do remember the tyre touching the wheel arch on bumpy roads. An option was to shave 5-10mm off the inner face of the wheel.

Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by achaddy View Post
    The 295/35/18 are only 6mm smaller profile and -1.9% overall circumference than the OEM but I always thought the wheels look small anyway in the rear wheel arch. Which is why the CS height setting looks better as the wheel appears to fill the arch better.
    Maybe on a generic tyre calculator Andy buy you can see from the pic the actual difference is much more even allowing for the car being on the ground.

Name:  IMG_0113.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  52.5 KB

More like 25mm on the diameter between the Pirellis and the Michelins.

I remember looking at Daveís car on standard tyres at Rockingham and thinking how tall the sidewalls looked in comparison to mine.

achaddy is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Andy Chadwick

The Rolling radius percentage admittedly I got from a tyre calculator but side wall difference I worked out on my fingers Based on 295/35 so side wall height being 35% of 295mm width. But the standing height will be double that so maybe that's why it looks a lot different. Or tyres are like trainers, different manufactures make up their own sizes as they see fit.

Name
    Mike M

Default Shock spanner

I've ordered new parts (spacers, bushes etc) for my shocks and need a C-spanner to remove the springs. HE do one but I've read it's a bit big so hard to use.

Has anyone a link to one that will work on the 360? It must be a good fit rather than an universal one and I don't want to marr the collars. Otherwise I'll go with the HE one next week.

This years winter work is an all-round suspension refresh...Ö I've ordered what I know I need at the moment. I had a set of new springs in my stash already and the rest I'll sort as I go.

A big shout out to Martin at Stratstone's again for sorting the parts very efficiently and cost-wise

A348W is offline Remember the Alamo! Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

I'd be surprised if they weren't standard sizes, so Demon Tweeks etc.

Feeling smug as I completed my front end suspensions last week; just waiting for a decent day to take it in for a wheel alignment.

Now tempted to take some bits of the back end down to the powdercoaters!!!! Tinker Tinker Tinker

Name
    Mike M

Cheers Adrian.... any pics?

I should have also added has anyone used one of the generic press sets for removing HE ball joints etc?
    I need one but want to make sure it has the right sizes.

M

A348W is offline Remember the Alamo! Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

No pics; I though people might be bored of 348 flamblocs; I know I am!!!

Pics of C spanner, hand that lost an argument with a hacksaw all available. Unfortunately no pics of the cute student nurse who look care of me; thought the missus might find that bad form

Cars into Dick Lovett next Friday for a wheel alignment; I'll be sure to grab some pics then; and the loan car. Although I'm not getting excited about that remembering an uncle who got a Nissan Micra when he dropped his new DB9 off for a service

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    Unfortunately no pics of the cute student nurse who look care of me; thought the missus might find that bad form
    I think you would have got away with it. Second time you had to go back inside 2 days due to an 'accident' - then I think she would have been suspicious

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast