Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 488 options, is there such thing as a bog base car???

But wait, it gets better. If a dealer fails to sell $35k worth of “options” on every new Ferrari they are penalized

sssdu01 is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

It just looks like a way of extorting more money from owners !! I would probably look big and pay up if I had an important old classic, but on a 308/328/355/599/etc ???

I wouldnt pay any more for a run of the mill Ferrari with the Red Book. I want to see evidence of a conscientious and enthusiastic owner who has looked after the car with regular services etc.

Nosevi is offline I have no life Committee Member
    Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    But wait, it gets better. If a dealer fails to sell $35k worth of “options” on every new Ferrari they are penalized
    Pretty much what I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post
    It just looks like a way of extorting more money from owners !! I would probably look big and pay up if I had an important old classic, but on a 308/328/355/599/etc ???

I wouldnt pay any more for a run of the mill Ferrari with the Red Book. I want to see evidence of a conscientious and enthusiastic owner who has looked after the car with regular services etc.
    +1

Name
    CPD

What about the VIP a passport when the car was built?
    I would like it if my cars had these but I am not sure if these are really bespoke to the car?

petrolhead88 is offline Hairdresser's Mercedes SLK Club Member
    Name
    Hardeep

If I was told my new Ferrari order with £22k of extras was disappointing, I would tell them where to go.

sssdu01 is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    What about the VIP a passport when the car was built?
    I would like it if my cars had these but I am not sure if these are really bespoke to the car?
    I have one for my car (early 430) and I am sure they just use standard generic photos of your Tipo/color combo ........but it was easy when virtually every car was in retail red

My pictures dont match my car !!! But the VIP does come in a nice leather folder and branded box.

A dealer told me they were initially knocked out by Ferrari to try and stop people wanting to see their own car on the production line. I think the later ones are better with pictures of your own car and I have seen people get production line pictures e mailed by the factory

I also have a press release glossy book that is nice as it has loads of pictures and a CD with a load of pictures for the press to use.

Apart from the actual car what do you get with a new 488 ?

Mike01606 is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

A big bill for extras it would seem!

Didn't some customers have to buy a Cali to get an early 488 slot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by petrolhead88 View Post
    If I was told my new Ferrari order with £22k of extras was disappointing, I would tell them where to go.
    In normal life this would make a difference but on planet Ferrari they just pick the next name off the waiting list and move on. In modern times Ferrari have never fully satisfied demand for any Model and so they just prefer to close production for a given model and encourage any outstanding customers into the next tipo.

Nosevi is offline I have no life Committee Member
    Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    In normal life this would make a difference but on planet Ferrari they just pick the next name off the waiting list and move on. In modern times Ferrari have never fully satisfied demand for any Model and so they just prefer to close production for a given model and encourage any outstanding customers into the next tipo.
    I'm not sure it's just modern times - waiting times were far longer back in the mid to late 80s than they are now. Difference was the way in which both the factory and dealers tended to treat customers was very different (from what I've been told - too young to remember ). I personally think they've slightly lost the plot now with more and more aimed at just the top bracket of their customer base.

Name
    Colin

I have one for my car (early 430) and I am sure they just use standard generic photos of your Tipo/color combo ........but it was easy when virtually every car was in retail red

My pictures dont match my car !!! But the VIP does come in a nice leather folder and branded box.

A dealer told me they were initially knocked out by Ferrari to try and stop people wanting to see their own car on the production line. I think the later ones are better with pictures of your own car and I have seen people get production line pictures e mailed by the factory

I also have a press release glossy book that is nice as it has loads of pictures and a CD with a load of pictures for the press to use.

A model.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast