Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What "type" of insurance do you have?

dave964 is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Dave

Default What "type" of insurance do you have?

It's renewal time, and my renewal seems reasonable via Pace Ward (Zenith).

Market value (not agreed) but with the Ferrari based on 70k, Vantage on 33k (probably a bit low), Porsche on 8k and Alfa on 8k - premium 1,586.

I've phoned a couple of companies, and AIB insist I should have a high net worth policy via Hiscox - and that Zenith are bargain basement and will get my car repaired by Joe's garage round the corner (not sure if that's really true since I had an accident in my 911 turbo years back and I chose where it was fixed). The Hiscox policy means agreed value on all cars, choice of repairer, plus breakdown cover that includes Europe, fully comp on anybody elses car and anybody over 30 (that doesn't live with me) has fully comp on my cars.

This is quite appealing - although at 1,900 is a step up.

I called Pace Ward, who said that I need to be careful - although AIB didn't mention it, Hiscox will insist on a tracker for the 360. Pace Ward are going to confirm this themselves and also offer a high net worth quote.

So what do you guys all go for? I know some like agreed value, but do any of you go for the Hiscox type policy? Not sure I want to pay for Tracker to be fitted but do like the benefits that come with it.

(For info, Admiral were 1,380 for a basic policy on all 4 cars which didn't seem bad but I've not read their T&Cs).

Mike01606 is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

I have the same Hiscox policy and they didn't ask for a tracker....price is similar but values lower....
    I will be shopping around next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dave964 is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    I have the same Hiscox policy and they didn't ask for a tracker....price is similar but values lower....

Through AIB?

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post

I have had both Hiscox and Zurich HNWI policies. They are literally at another level than the mass market and this was proven when someone ran into me and the shenanigans from their side began. Liaising directly with Ferrari my car was repaired to better than new and I was afforded a like-for-like replacement.

Years ago I used to shop around the mass market and then realised that all the policies I had were underwritten by the same provider (AXA). All the effort my wife and I put into getting 'a deal' was actually just brokers trading their margin for policy benefits. I went down the admiral route with the same old story that everyone has - great until renewal - then I went to AIB and have never looked back.

All of my top end cars are appreciating assets (currently) so I am glad I have the peace of mind of a proper policy that is targeted specifically for the cars I have.

Like I say before 10 head buys a 10 helmet and hope you never have to use it.

Fluffekins is offline Toyota MR2 355 replica Club Member
    Name
    Russell

Hiscox are a top quality insurer, not the cheapest, but in my personal and professional experience one of the very best. I use them for my house and travel.

As for the car I use Classic Line and have an agreed value policy, I've found them to be extremely helpful although I've never had to make a claim (thankfully).

MWStewart is offline I have a dodgy moustache - the Ferrari 308 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

I am with Hiscox via AIB. Agreed value 150k and all my modifications covered on a like for like basis. The premium is just under 2k. I paid a lot more for the policy than other offerings, but it is worth it to me for the peace of mind.

mon the fish is offline Hey look at that Peugot 406! Oh no it's a Ferrari 360 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

I was with AIB until last year, but out of our 5 cars the only one I truly care about in an insurance sense is the Ferrari. I found that getting an agreed value in line with what I expected it would cost me to replace the car, put the AIB price up too much, so we ended up splitting the cars onto separate policies.

I went with RH for the 550, 850ish. The renewal has just come in, now over 900. I've got 3 weeks to phone around and get a quote.

Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by dave964 View Post
    Through AIB?
    Yes Dave.....

Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post

Like I say before 10 head buys a 10 helmet and hope you never have to use it.
    The Simpsons said it better. Ned Flanders' house burnt down and he had no insurance. Being religious he didn't believe in gambling.
    Apart from the legal requirement that just about sums it up perfectly....

paul71a is offline Toyota MR2 355 replica Club Member
    Name
    paul

I have a "high net worth" policy with Chubb that covers all six cars, house, contents, travel, legal etc.

They are excellent; especially when it comes to a claim, which is the only real measure of an insurance policy and insurer......

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast