Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Meguiars Micro Fibre Polishing Pads

  1. #1
    candellara's Avatar
    candellara is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX Club Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    South East UK / Hamburg
    Name
    Candellara
    Posts
    6,274

    Default Meguiars Micro Fibre Polishing Pads

    After detailing for countless years, i've recently been using the Meguiars two stage micro fibre polishing & finishing pads with the correction compound and finishing wax

    I'll never use another foam pad on a DA again. Outstanding

    Anyone used this?

  2. #2
    mon the fish's Avatar
    mon the fish is offline Hey look at that Peugot 406! Oh no it's a Ferrari 360 Committee Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Name
    Gordon
    Posts
    1,692

    Default

    Hadn't heard of these but will certainly be giving them a try

    I use microfibre pads for applying wax by hand, much prefer them to foam pads

  3. #3
    Nosevi's Avatar
    Nosevi is offline I have no life Committee Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Name
    Nos
    Posts
    9,519

    Default

    Not heard of those, Jason. Take it they're less inclined to result in holograms etc? I don't have the gentlest touch, could be something I'd benefit from?

  4. #4
    candellara's Avatar
    candellara is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX Club Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    South East UK / Hamburg
    Name
    Candellara
    Posts
    6,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    Not heard of those, Jason. Take it they're less inclined to result in holograms etc? I don't have the gentlest touch, could be something I'd benefit from?
    I guarantee you'll never use a foam pad again:

    https://www.monzacarcare.co.uk/machi...ibre-polishing

  5. #5
    Nosevi's Avatar
    Nosevi is offline I have no life Committee Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Name
    Nos
    Posts
    9,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by candellara View Post
    I guarantee you'll never use a foam pad again:

    https://www.monzacarcare.co.uk/machi...ibre-polishing

  6. #6
    355OXO is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Whyteleafe
    Name
    Simon Stroud
    Posts
    1,279

    Default Detailing pads

    Quote Originally Posted by candellara View Post
    After detailing for countless years, i've recently been using the Meguiars two stage micro fibre polishing & finishing pads with the correction compound and finishing wax

    I'll never use another foam pad on a DA again. Outstanding

    Anyone used this?
    Hi Jason,

    Please can you be more specific on the model numbers for the two-stage microfibre polishing and finishing your referring to.

    Regards

    Simon

  7. #7
    candellara's Avatar
    candellara is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX Club Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    South East UK / Hamburg
    Name
    Candellara
    Posts
    6,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 355OXO View Post
    Hi Jason,

    Please can you be more specific on the model numbers for the two-stage microfibre polishing and finishing your referring to.

    Regards

    Simon
    Hi Simon,

    Use the cutting pad:

    https://www.monzacarcare.co.uk/machi...4194&id=695153

    with the correction fluid:

    https://www.monzacarcare.co.uk/machi...4194&id=695367

    Wipe clean with a micro-fibre, and then use the finishing pad:

    https://www.monzacarcare.co.uk/machi...4194&id=695159

    with the wax:

    https://www.monzacarcare.co.uk/machi...4194&id=695366

    Not cheap but, the pads go on and on and on (unlike the foam pads). It's been the only combination of pad / correction compound where I've had real immediate results.

  8. #8
    mon the fish's Avatar
    mon the fish is offline Hey look at that Peugot 406! Oh no it's a Ferrari 360 Committee Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Name
    Gordon
    Posts
    1,692

    Default

    I'm no expert but I assume you'd be able to use your existing cutting/polishing compounds with these pads

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Phil Taylor's Avatar
    Phil Taylor is offline Toyota MR2 355 replica Club Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Colchester Essex
    Name
    Phil
    Posts
    321

    Default pads

    Quote Originally Posted by candellara View Post
    Hi Simon,

    Use the cutting pad:

    https://www.monzacarcare.co.uk/machi...4194&id=695153

    with the correction fluid:

    https://www.monzacarcare.co.uk/machi...4194&id=695367

    Wipe clean with a micro-fibre, and then use the finishing pad:

    https://www.monzacarcare.co.uk/machi...4194&id=695159

    with the wax:

    https://www.monzacarcare.co.uk/machi...4194&id=695366

    Not cheap but, the pads go on and on and on (unlike the foam pads). It's been the only combination of pad / correction compound where I've had real immediate results.
    Having used the cutting products do I need to polish the paint or can I go straight to the wax?
    The three stages I thought were cutting then polishing then waxing in that order.

  10. #10
    candellara's Avatar
    candellara is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX Club Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    South East UK / Hamburg
    Name
    Candellara
    Posts
    6,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post
    I'm no expert but I assume you'd be able to use your existing cutting/polishing compounds with these pads

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    You could try it. I've only used both in conjunction

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Micro Fibre Towels
    By geoffpfc in forum Car Cleaning and Detailing
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-06-2017, 05:21 PM
  2. Meguiars G220 DA polishing machine
    By candellara in forum Car Cleaning and Detailing
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-10-2012, 06:27 PM
  3. Best pads for a Meguiars DA?
    By candellara in forum Car Cleaning and Detailing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 28-05-2011, 06:00 PM
  4. Carbon Fibre Polishing.
    By Littleblackflash in forum Car Cleaning and Detailing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-10-2008, 06:36 PM
  5. 1st attempt at polishing 360 with Meguiars Polisher
    By 360Jay in forum Car Cleaning and Detailing
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 09:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •