Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: F430 - Uneven tyre wear across axle

sssdu01 is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Car will feel like its gone up another league in grip and feedback . You will need to get them hot and do a hundred miles or so before you have burnt off the release agents from the molds, so dont go nuts on your first drive !!

swnyradar is offline Toyota MR2 355 replica Club Member
    Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post
    Car will feel like its gone up another league in grip and feedback . You will need to get them hot and do a hundred miles or so before you have burnt off the release agents from the molds, so dont go nuts on your first drive !!
    First time out on the new tyres today. What a revelation

Firstly and most impressive, the ride has been transformed. The car doesn't crash over manhole covers / cats eyes etc. which would cause a butt clenching reaction on the old tyres. Also tyre noise is reduced.

The improvement in feel through the steering wheel and change of direction is significant. Drove around 85 steady miles so haven't explored grip yet but already feels far more confident inspiring and they should be broken in nicely now.

For the record I have replaced all 4 tyres from original fitment Pirelli p-zero Rosso to the latest Michelin pilot sport 4s which means a 10 + year newer design / technology.

Verdict: I can highly recommend, has made the car a far more pleasant drive and I am amazed that just a change of Tyre can make such a big difference to how a car feels.
    Last edited by swnyradar; 16-09-2017 at 07:49 PM.

sssdu01 is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Alternative verdict Pirelli tyres are complete ***** !! I cant think of a single car that I have ever owned with Pirelli tyres, that hasnt been improved with different tyres

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2