Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 348ts 1992 for sale.

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

The 348 market is slow, but then it's a small market. If she's not sold in a year there's a problem with the price or a problem with the car. I've seen too many 348s sell in the past year (guessing 16?) to argue they're not selling.

Name
    ian

Tim agrees with my price, hes got a better handle of the current market than me, my 348 is by no means shabby etc. Its been on pistonheads about a month...so i will hang in there.

Name
    David

The market has definately cooled somewhat. Unfortunately prices havnt though. I think if you got an honest answer from most dealers they would agree that the market has slowed down. The issue with SOR I think is that the customer tells the dealer what he wants for the car . The dealer then has the option of saying nope, wont get that for it or just taking on the car in the hope of a sale.
    My problem is that I would like a 430. In my opinion most are overpriced. This means I need to over value my 360 to get the 430. Its a domino effect. the 430 boys need more to upgrade to a 458 and on it goes.
    The 355 situation is interesting. they are commanding serious money. So 355 boys can jump straight to a 430 missing out the 360.
    Now I know everyone has a view on particular cars such as why would you want a 430 if you have a 355 or the like. When I bought my 348 in 2005 everyone said they were rubbish and likened them to tractors, now it seems they are the car to have.
    just my ramblings so apologies to any specific make owners ive just upset

Name
    Pete

A month is not that long a time, Ian. I think, realistically, people wanting a car often start looking in the winter, early spring. Walkersport sold 3x 348s in Feb/March.

And I agree the Ferrari market isn't fast but I do know of a lot of 348s selling (4 from Walkersport, 3 from another dealer etc.) Tim's a smart guy, he's just bought in another 348. He seems to be keeping at least a couple in stock pretty much all the time. He buys cars outright, he wouldn't be tying up capitol if they weren't selling.

I do think the 348 has come out of the shadows a bit in the last couple of years. Largely due to the likes of Harry Metcalfe and the likes singing the cars' praises perhaps. Either that or because Sy sold his

I'm sure you'll find a buyer, Ian. I know your car isn't shabby and the right buyer will come along. What I think you're up against is that the 348 is often people's first dip into the Ferrari market and first time buyers can be a nervous lot. Many will want to buy from a dealer. If you're in any sort of a hurry to sell that's the route I'd take. If not, sit back and see what happens. Maybe go for a drive. I did before putting mine on the market. Got home and had changed my mind.

Name
    Nick

I had a firm offer of 55k for mine recently from a guy who already owns a Gallardo, 430 and 348 spider. He wanted a RHD TB and liked the condition. I don't want or need to sell so I turned it down. Ive invested too much time and funds into the car to let it go just now and want to enjoy it for a while. Im not sure if that is good or bad money in the current market. Probably middling. It does seem slowish from what I've seen. I have agreed value of 65k at the moment which is probably about right for now.

Name
    Pete

I've had an offer from a dealer for mine. We spoke about what he'd expect to market her for (more than I'd get for a private sale) but didn't get into the nitty gritty about what he'd pay for it as I decided not to part with her just yet. Based on what the dealer says he'd market mine for, Nick, I'd expect to get a little more for yours than that if I'm honest. Mine's a lowish mileage, late model TS. Condition no different than last time you saw her.

Name
    ian

I'm not in a rush to sell really, and still love driving it (and just looking at it lol) but i don't get much chance to use it compared to the 3.60 and 550, i did try to get it on the market in january but i was having some work done on it, ..when i got it back and just right i feel i missed the selling 'window' for this model..oh hum...but at 70k miles it seems to be at the back of the que for potential buyers.

Name
    cgt

Phil's old car has apparently turned up for sale again (60k miles).

I think it has been on the market for a long time, first with Autofficina since he sold it nearly three years ago and now on Ebay. Shame that people only look at the mileage if that's the issue as it is a great example and I've had far more issues over the years with under-20k mile Ferraris that have stood still for long periods rather than cars regularly exercised.

Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by cgt View Post
    Phil's old car has apparently turned up for sale again (60k miles).

I think it has been on the market for a long time, first with Autofficina since he sold it nearly three years ago and now on Ebay. Shame that people only look at the mileage if that's the issue as it is a great example and I've had far more issues over the years with under-20k mile Ferraris that have stood still for long periods rather than cars regularly exercised.
    It's been owned between Autofficina and now on ebay, Faisal, it's not been on the market that whole time.

Regarding mileage, it's the same old thing - it's not how you as a buyer think the mileage will effect the value, it's how you think the next buyer may see it. Shame really but there you go.

Name
    David

Same with colour isnt it. ferraris come in great colours, my personal favourite is Grigio silverstone (or grey in english).
    But when it comes to parting with cash do we default to red just because its easier to sell on later

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast