Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ferrari paint codes

isuk is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Iain

Weights on the outer face are just a pet hate of mine as they ruin the look of the wheel and are a potential point for corrosion on the magnesium when removed. There is sufficient clearance for stick weights on the inside of the rim which is a much tidier solution. The metal valves are there because that is how the cars were supplied when new.

Name
    Chris Sherwood

Thanks Iain, fitting new metal valves and looking forward to getting back my wheels. The tiny tyre shop in Hereford who took my tyres off asked where I was getting the wheels refurbed. I told him Pristine and he showed me a large promotion poster and said he was their local agent!
    Anyway, to get back "on subject", where exactly does the paint code sticker go? Got a new Nuovo Giallo Fly one from Superformance but don't know where to stick it! Polite responses only please...

Name
    Iain

There were no paint code stickers on the 246 when new I'm afraid. Those stickers were introduced on later models. The paint supplier for the 246 was Glidden Salchi and your sticker from Superformance will most likely say Glasurit as the paint supplier.

Name
    Chris Sherwood

The answer then is to stick it back in the post!
    As it was in the 206/246 section I wrongly assumed it was a period correct item. Thanks for once again putting me "on the straight and narrow".
    Kind regards,
    Chris.

Name
    Martin

Do you have paint codes for wheels - specifically F458 20" forged (silver) ?

Name
    Martin

Anyone have the Paint Code for 458 20" (silver) wheels ?

Name
    Chris Sherwood

Default Paint code sticker

Quote Originally Posted by isuk View Post
    There were no paint code stickers on the 246 when new I'm afraid. Those stickers were introduced on later models. The paint supplier for the 246 was Glidden Salchi and your sticker from Superformance will most likely say Glasurit as the paint supplier.
    Superformance say they believe their stickers are correct factory spec. I think they are, but just not for the 246, as you say.
    Do you by any chance know when the factory started using these paint code stickers? Superformance suggested I asked on the forums to get views on it. Thanks and regards, Chris.

Name
    Iain

Chris, there is a long thread on F Chat somewhere about paint code stickers. You will find it if you do a search on there. From memory some of the V12 cars of the late 60's era had paint stickers yet the 365 Daytona did not. The 308 GTB appears to have had the stickers as well. The 246 definitely didn't get them.

Name
    birdseye

So there are three different rosso corsa. No bl**dy wonder my touch up paint didnt match.

Name
    johnniewalk

Thanks for post

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234